Bobs Red Mill

silva

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Bobs Red Mill has always been there, especially for vegans wanting to explore other grains or find a reliable source of vital wheat gluten, nooch, or xantham gum.
They've always had great recipes, including my favorite vegan chocolate cookies I found right on the wheat pastry flour bag! (WOW cookies)
Now I find vegan cheese recipes there, and they sound pretty good.

I think just maybe 20 years ago I wasn't even aware of Bob's Red Mill.
Before the lockdown most of the grains I bought were in the bulk section of the grocery store.
Since the lockdown, and the closing of the bulk food section*, Bob is my hero. One of the grocery store's I go to has a little section where they put all of Bob's products.

Now...
quickly looking in my pantry. I have 4 or 5 of their products.

* Bulk food and the salad bar may never return.

Reactions: KLS52
I do miss the bulk sections! Fresh Thyme has some that is a lever pull and still available, the bins they now sell prebagged and priced in different amounts. I meant to go there for organic oats sale 🙄
Bobs is great in that in most stores they have their entire display in one place! It's an end cap at my discount store. I can spend a good bit of time browsing everything from rye flour to polenta and all the grains
I now have a bag of rice flour, farro, whole wheat pastry flour and bulgar from them

Bobs is great in that in most stores they have their entire display in one place! It's an end cap at my discount store.
Not everything is in one place. Last week I had to look around for the popcorn. which was with the other popcorns. but almost everyone is right at the end of the aisle for grains and pasta.

I never got it before. I usually get my popcorn in the bulk food aisle. but I just ran out. Anyway my grocery store had this. but not with the other Bob -stuff. it was with the other popcorns.

Attachments

• 71I2NaUHQML._AC_UL640_QL65_.jpg
    71I2NaUHQML._AC_UL640_QL65_.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Wow
Seems like Bob's has LOTS of new products that I will have to look for.
The Veggie Soup Mix and the Ten Grain Cereal Mix look interesting. Not to mention the pancake mix and the Whole grains and beans soup mix.