Security Blackmail email

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I received the below email today, thought I should share :)

[redacted] is your passphrase. Lets get directly to point. Neither anyone has paid me to investigate you. You don't know me and you're probably thinking why you are getting this e-mail?

Well, I installed a malware on the X videos (sex sites) site and there's more, you visited this site to experience fun (you know what I mean). While you were viewing videos, your internet browser began functioning as a Remote Desktop with a key logger which provided me accessibility to your display and also web cam. Just after that, my software obtained your entire contacts from your Messenger, Facebook, and e-mailaccount. And then I made a video. First part displays the video you were viewing (you have a good taste lmao), and next part displays the view of your cam, & its you.

You have not one but two options. We will review each of these choices in particulars:

Very first option is to neglect this message. In that case, I most certainly will send out your actual videotape to just about all of your personal contacts and consider regarding the shame you will definitely get. Do not forget if you happen to be in a relationship, just how this will affect?

In the second place option should be to give me $7000. We are going to describe it as a donation. As a result, I most certainly will immediately erase your video recording. You could carry on your daily routine like this never occurred and you are never going to hear back again from me.

You'll make the payment by Bitcoin (if you do not know this, search "how to buy bitcoin" in Google search engine).

BTC Address: 1HBJxEkwpLVMC9q45PsYxT2sH42iMBFV9N
[CASE-sensitive, copy & paste it]

If you are making plans for going to the cops, okay, this email message cannot be traced back to me. I have covered my actions. I am not attempting to demand so much, I simply prefer to be paid for. You have one day to make the payment. I have a special pixel in this e mail, and now I know that you have read through this e-mail. If I don't receive the BitCoins, I will, no doubt send out your video to all of your contacts including close relatives, co-workers, and so on. Having said that, if I receive the payment, I will erase the video immediately. It's a non:negotiable offer, thus don't waste mine time and yours by replying to this message. If you want to have evidence, reply with Yup! and I will send out your video recording to your 14 contacts.

For the record, I'm not particularly concerned :) Yes, they had found a username and password I had used aeons ago on some site I have since learned was hacked. That is all. All the stuff about hacking into my computer is a fairytale.

I received the below email today, thought I should share :)

For the record, I'm not particularly concerned :) Yes, they had found a username and password I had used aeons ago on some site I have since learned was hacked. That is all. All the stuff about hacking into my computer is a fairytale.

That seems a fairly calm intelligent response to a very unintelligent email.;)

That seems a fairly calm intelligent response to a very unintelligent email.;)
Well, I'm fairly thick-skinned with these kinds of things after spending a lot of time online since around 1995! Also, I just would have thought if they really had hacked into my computer like they claim, then they would have wanted to include some evidence, at least the list of my contacts, the actual name of the site they claim I visited, maybe some screenshots from my computer.

They are all over the place down in NZ. I suppose they have sucker punched some into paying up. It's all rather sad to watch what some parts of the internet have turned into.

It's all rather sad to watch what some parts of the internet have turned into.
The Internet has become an interesting place, much like society in general ...

The blackmailers have now sent me a second email with the exact same wording, just a different sender and bitcoin address (BTC address). So apparently they forgot they had already sent the first email. This is all starting to look rather amateur-like now :)

Last edited: