KLS52

Love Is A Verb
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I must be hungry but this looks good too:
From Vegan Recipes, FB

Allergen Information: Free of Dairy, egg, corn, nut.
Makes 2 8 inch Deep dish pizzas.
Ingredients:
Black Eyed Peas:
3/4 cup dried black eyed peas soaked for 2-4 hours in warm water. or 1.5 cups cooked/canned peas.
2 tsps oil
1/2 medium red onion or other onion chopped
1/2 a Serrano chili pepper or 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup tomato basil or italian herb pasta sauce
1 tsp italian herb blend
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
a very generous dash of black pepper or red pepper flakes
1 cup water (Use 1/2 cup water if using precooked beans)

Tofu thyme Ricotta:
1 package firm tofu well crumbled. (16 oz)
1 tsp garlic powder
2-3 tsps dried thyme
1 tsp italian herb blend
1 Tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
2 tsps apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
Wheat Semolina Crust Recipe here - I added 1/2 tsp thyme to the crust. Double the recipe for 2 crusts.
2 cups pasta sauce or marinara or other tomato sauce
Method:
Black eyed Peas:

Soak the peas for 2-4 hours. Wash and drain to use. In a pan, add 2 tsps oil and heat on medium heat. Add onions, bay leaf and chili pepper or green pepper. Cook until golden. Add 1/2 cup pasta sauce, herbs, salt, garlic, black pepper, mix well and cook for a minute. Add soaked black eyed peas and water and cover fully and cook on low-medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until tender. (the duration of soaking and old/new batch of peas will determine the cook time. add more water and cook longer if needed). If using cooked/canned peas, add 1/2 cup water and mix and cook for 15-20 minutes until almost dry. Taste and adjust salt and spice. Or you can use any Indian spiced black eyed pea stew from the blog.:) Use less water to make a dryer stew.
Tofu Thyme Ricotta:
Crumble the Tofu well. Add all the ingredients and let sit for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust salt and herbs if needed.
Pizza:
Make the dough. add the yeast, sugar to warm water. Add flours, herbs, salt to the frothy yeast mixture. Knead to make a smooth dough. Let the dough sit covered till you prepare the rest of the ingredients. I left it on the counter for 15 minutes. Punch the dough and roll out to two 8 -9 inch round. Press the dough into a cake pan and push the edges up using your fingers or knuckles. Spray water on top. Bake the dough in pre-heated 400 degrees F for 6-7 minutes. Remove from oven and Add 1/3 cup pasta sauce. Top with half of the black eyed peas, even them with a spatula, top with half of the tofu ricotta. Add other layers of choice like greens or mushrooms. top that with 1/2 cup pasta sauce. Top with non dairy cheese(optional). Bake at 400 for 20-22 mins. Cool for 2 minutes then slice and serve.

That sounds so different and unique. I would have never thought putting black eyed peas on pizza.

Oops...I called it pizza and it should say pie. :blush:
Here's what it looks like:
utybuzum.jpg

Reactions: thefadedone