Big muscles

it might not be pointless for say a bouncer. If he can intimidate troublemakers with a muscley body.

I did shoulder press-ups when I was a teenager(or whatever they are called) and my thigh muscles were pretty big, and the sports teacher told me not to do body building because it would be horrible'. :)

I have no interest in exceptionally large muscles. I'm happy with my medium build. I have nothing against it, though. Everyone's gotta do their own thing. It takes a lot of consistent effort, too, so even though I personally find it to be a pointless endeavor, I admire the accomplishment of a successful bodybuilder nonetheless.

I agree. I find it impressive that people can manipulate their bodies in that way because it must take a lot of time and effort.

it might not be pointless for say a bouncer. If he can intimidate troublemakers with a muscley body.

It's interesting how things work in the world of private security. In areas where they rely on security as a physical deterrent to, primarily, irrational drunks who might otherwise lose their temper, big, scary looking muscle bound people are indeed the preferred choice. In the world of executive protection, which I've been trying to work my way into over the past few years, they rely on word of mouth and experience and, although physical fitness is extremely important, you absolutely must be able to put on a suit and not only look as unimposing as possible, but also be able to hold a somewhat intellectual conversation, the overall objective being able to blend in with all the bankers or whoever you're looking after as well as resolve or, better yet, avoid potential conflicts without having to create a scene in the first place. Muscling your way through a crowd or physically disabling a prospective threat is an absolute last resort. Situational awareness is way more critical than being intimidating.