Being a vegan for 364 days out of the year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also - good luck with that decision. After not having eaten animal products for as long as I haven't, I would get sick if I did. It wouldn't be a fun thing to do to my body, even if I wanted to.

All of this sounds so much like the people on my sober forum who ask "It's OK to have just one, right? It's Christmas/NYE/Thanksgiving/sunday/1st tues of the 3rd month after the full moon..." You're just looking for an excuse, is all. You don't need that from anyone cuz you're going to make up a perfectly good one for yourself if you so choose.

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
Being vegan doesn't mean that you can't see your family. For thanksgiving I made all the side dishes with my vegan stuff and everyone ate it. See if you can do that.

There are NO RULES! But personally l had found a lot of our social activities were pared back as they would typically involve a meal and no one understood that we other things beside iceberg lettuce and beans.
Make the holidays YOUR tradition and create your own meals, take a dish or two to the family gatherings so others will have the opportunity to experience what and why we are on this road.
My Wife recently had to arrange for her mothers funeral and we arranged to have vegan foods as well as traditional served....well guess who ran out of (Vegan) food! Everyone wanted to try it!

If you are vegan for health reasons or ecological reasons I would understand your question as there is no emotional feeling for the animals. But if it is because you believe it is wrong to torture and kill animals (I prefer to call them people) to provide food you don't even need, then what are you thinking of?

Tufurky or cashew nut cutlets would be much better then eating an animal corpse. You could bring it with you to your family meal. Then you have a clear concience for the WHOLE year round.

Only if you specify you are vegan. You ask "is it vegan' and they say yes then you find out it isn't that wouldn't be your fault but knowingly eating an animal corpse would be.

FredVegrox said:
I am a really good person. I live in the way everybody would agree is being a really good person. It is one certain day of the year that I kill babies. But I go back to the same good ways the rest of the year, all 364. So I am still a really good person.

ski said:
i know what point you are trying to make but i don't value animals anywhere near a life of a human

I think I do have to explain what my point I was making, then. One who claims to be a good person, with living in the way for that in 364 days each year, to kill babies one day of the year, is not a good person at all. This does not mean that one who stops living in a vegan way is not a good person, it was not assumed that in that case being a good person was the claim. But with living with having vegan food for 364 days and planning one day to have food that is not vegan but has what animals were used for, that one is not vegan, which was what was claimed. There were good approaches said though, such as prepare vegan food to bring, and still not eat what isn't vegan food.

Unfortunately women kill babies more often then you'd think. It's called abortion.

This is an opinion, which you are entitled to, but please consider that abortion is a very sensitive issue for some people. Some members on this forum may have possibly had an abortion, which means you just called them a murderer. It's a very good way to create a huge rift between members. I am all for free speech, but can't you see how this is good way to upset someone of a different opinion? It doesn't make for a happy forum, in other words.

The dislike is no big surprise.

This is an opinion, which you are entitled to, but please consider that abortion is a very sensitive issue for some people. Some members on this forum may have possibly had an abortion, which means you just called them a murderer. It's a very good way to create a huge rift between members. I am all for free speech, but can't you see how this is good way to upset someone of a different opinion? It doesn't make for a happy forum, in other words.

The dislike is no big surprise.

That appears to be an arbitrary line to draw. You may notice I draw parallels in discussion. So it is with this. Somewhere, some are telling some other person they should be sensitive, and not speak any more about animals or veganism, because others are having what used the animals' lives, and speaking about is the same as calling them murderers, it is not right to upset them.

Reactions: veganDreama
I don't mean to offend but Foetuses ARE human babies and they DO get killed.

It's like some vegan slogan's cause offence. I once wore a badge that said 'meat means murder' and someone took offence to that but farm animals ARE killed for our consumption.

Also PETA did a campaign called 'holocaust on a plate' which offended many jewish people who did not like to be compared to animals but again Animals ARE kept in concentration like conditions so it WAS perfectly true. It just caused offence

It's not meant to cause offence. Just make people sit up and think which is what I was trying to do.

Reactions: FredVegrox
No. That is the never ending debate - at what point a foetus becomes a baby - one were not going to solve now nor does that argument have a place on this forum. Calling someone who has had an abortion a baby killer is not productive here.

Last edited:
Censorship is certainly not productive. I see veganism excluded from discussion elsewhere, because it is controversial and judging others, so people won't hear that message

Amburfunk, instead of just disliking my post, which informs me of nothing, tell me where any of what I said is wrong, because I certainly don't just see it.

The OP has now disappeared. This thread has gone way off topic. I see no point in keeping this thread open.

threadclosed.png

Status
Not open for further replies.