Radio BBC Radio Programs

Joe

Forum Legend
Reaction score
There are many complicated copyright issues surrounding BBC radio programs. Yet it seems clear that as someone residing in the US, I should not be able to listen to recordings of such programs (nor even hear them unless they are posted on the BBC website).

Yet there is one obscure corner of the internet where people do post recordings of BBC radio programs (often in .MP3 format) and they are often wonderful.

One of my favorite programs is called Desert Island Discs

Desert Island Discs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

where the guest becomes a (hypothetical) castaway on a desert island but can only take along 8 discs, one book, and one luxury item. The guest is questioned about what items he/she would take along.

One of my favorite castaways is Dame Diana Rigg ("Emma Peel").
BBC Radio 4 - Desert Island Discs, Diana Rigg

Please tell me about your favorite BBC radio programs.

ETA: In 2011 the BBC put archives of 500 Desert Island Discs on its website, and many of these are available as downloadable .MP3s.

Last edited:
It seems there are not a lot of BBC radio listeners on VV ...! Personally, I only listen to the BBC local morning programme on the shower radio sometimes.

I don't listen to the radio, or TV.......make me nervous or something. You should see some of the subtitle errors.......haven't seen a funny one in a while, but they have been quite funny.

I used to love listening to the radio; I used to listen to Radio 4 a lot, sometimes Radio 1, then I moved onto Radio 5......I used to think that Nicky Campbell was a much more astute interviewer than the people on Radio 4 etc....Used to love Drive Time from 4pm to 7pm.....might as well be deaf a lot of the time, indeed it might be better a lot of the time.