Bad Graphics Card

thefadedone

Needs a life
Reaction score
I think my graphics card might be on its way out. I'm having trouble viewing pictures and when I click on certain sites I end up getting a "blank page". Would I get that message because of the graphics card?

I know nothing about what you are asking but found this online:

Visual Anomalies
The GPU handles the rendering duties for graphically intensive programs, so if it cannot perform adequately any more, visual anomalies such as artifacts, flickering images and a blank display can start to appear. If you notice wrong colors in the visuals or lines appearing across the screen, it could be an indication that the GPU is failing. Check that the graphics card is properly seated and that all cables are connected to ensure that these issues are not responsible for the visual anomalies.

It may be time to have somebody check out your computer and see if the graphics card is working properly. You may need a new one.

I don't know anything about graphics cards, either.

I think my graphics card might be on its way out. I'm having trouble viewing pictures and when I click on certain sites I end up getting a "blank page". Would I get that message because of the graphics card?
Sounds likely ..

The only way I know to 100% identify graphic card problem is like this;

1. Test the card in another PC that you know to be working properly.

2. Try the card from the good PC in the suspect PC.

If the problem moves with the card from one PC to another then the cards the problem.

If not then the problem is elsewhere in your PC.

Personaly I just keep a spare cheap graphic card soley for testing and emergency replacement purposes though.

I believe in most cases it's the software (such as your browser, such as Internet Explorer) and the operating system (I assume a flavour of MS Windows in this case?) and driver troubles are the sources of problems.

Note that if it's really the graphics card, then the problem would likely affect the whole screen, not just a window.