BACON Lovers & VEGANS Unite!? | BuzzFeed Reaction

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score

Discover the ONE THING that bacon-lovers and vegans have in common in my reaction to BuzzFeed’s viral video! What could possibly overcome the rivalry of the lovers-of-bacon and the praisers-of-plants? Find more information on this unlikely unity via the the links in the video’s description on YouTube.

Emily, your video makes a good point. And what I wish Buzzfeed had done was follow up giving the bacon lovers a piglet with giving them Fakin' Bacon or another brand of vegan bacon, to make the point that they can enjoy bacon without being a part of the killing of pigs like the piglet they held in their arms. A lot of bacon lovers don't even know there are vegan alternatives to the "real" thing and no doubt would be willing to try it if they knew about it.

I never got the bacon thing. Oh, I know it tastes good- but the texture isn't hard to replicate with vegan foods, and so much of the flavor comes from the seasoning that's used on it anyway. If there was a food that made it hard to go vegan, I wouldn't expect it to be bacon. Maybe tofu bacon (or some other vegan analogue) isn't exactly like the real thing but it's close enough.

Bacon actually makes me want to hurl, but then there's a story behind that. I will never understand the fascination.

I eat the Smart Bacon at least 2-3 times a week. It gets real crispy if you microwave it and I find it very tasty. It's certainly not a health food but it really adds flavor to tofu scramble or a tofurkey sandwich. It goes well with vegan cream cheese on a bagel. My omni husband eats it. When I cook it at work someone always comes in and says, "mmmmm, I smell bacon."

And two slices are only 1 WW point, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk