Backyard Eggs

Gabsicola

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi people! I’m looking for anyone willing to sell me backyard eggs laid by chickens who’re NOT farmed but rather taken care of and lay eggs anyway. Asking for my vegan boyfriend who only eats eggs from Happy chickens from the chooks his parents had rescued but can’t get them now because they’re in the UK. Thanks

I certainly hope no one here sells animal products, no matter how well the animals are cared for.

And I'd expect the moderators wouldn't want the forum to facilitate that either.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Sigh I knew I’d get a message like this. We are life long vegans and are only looking for happy eggs that are laid in back yards. We have those from rescue farms tended to by his aunt - once a year when we go back to Britain which don’t get eaten or done anything with.

Sigh I knew I’d get a message like this. We are life long vegans and are only looking for happy eggs that are laid in back yards. We have those from rescue farms tended to by his aunt - once a year when we go back to Britain which don’t get eaten or done anything with.
Either way how you gonna find something local on an international forum?
Don't you have a local site? Or farmers markets?
You can't honestly call anyone a vegan that eats animal products, regardless of how they come about them.
I suppose if you just had a wandering hen leaving eggs in your yard sometimes picking one up, but to actively search them out? Not at all vegan!
Vegans don't choose to promote animal exploitation. Hens do not choose to give you their eggs

I think part of the misunderstanding here has to do with the understanding of the term vegan versus vegetarian. Maybe what some people are trying to point out is that someone who is including eggs in their diet is a vegetarian but not a vegan. Maybe the original poster meant to say "my vegetarian boyfriend", and maybe the error was due to autocorrect on the computer.
As Silva suggested, a search for farmers markets online or by asking around is probably the best solution you can find to your predictament. It may take some effort; in my experience, sometimes they aren't that easy to find, since they don't send out advertising or have a permanent storefront.
And since you and your partner are principally concerned with animal welfare, you would of course want to do extra research to make sure the hens are well cared for by whoever you find.

Last edited: