'Baby Steps' Veganism

I get you Naturebound. What we should focus on is that people have very different tastes. My sons, who aren't even fully veg, love so much of my vegan food I dislike so much I won't even eat. I've never had vegan brownies I felt were decent, but they requested me to make all of the ones I've tried again! I bought an almond cheese shreds from Trader joes I would have thrown out I thought so bad, my son likes it! I brought bean bars for a work bake sale and they were a total hit.
People have such prejudices about vegan food, and quite frankly, I think vegans are to blame. It seems like every blog and you tuber feels compelled to go for the health aspect.
I remember making recipes for 'cheese' spreads with things like potato and carrots and they did go in the compost! It wasn't until I found using vegan mayo and some oils and never ever thinking of vegetable purees that I realized they could be good!
Potato and carrots taste like potato and carrots--not cheese no matter how much nooch or garlic

Reactions: PTree15