B12 deffiency or something else?

Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello, I've been vegan for 2 years now with no problems, but for the past 3 weeks I've been having constant headaches throughout the day, always feeling bloated, and gassy. I thought that something in my diet was making me bloated and gassy and that it might be the cause of my headaches. My diet has been pretty consistent since the beginning which is : oatmeal with fruit in the mornings, more fruit with nut butters for lunch, starches and vegetables for dinner. I get more than enough calories throughout the day and I don't seem to be missing anything according to chronometer (except b12). Ok, so what I do for B12? I take liquid spray methylcobolomin and recently I started vaping it. Cutting out soy greatly reduced gas, but that's about it. The headaches are what's bothering me the most. It goes on for the entire day and the only way I can make it better is by riding my bike or do cardio. If anyone else has felt like this I'd like to know how you fixed it. Thanks.

The jury's out insofar as I am concerned on the heat stability of B12. I'm finding it hard to find consistent information. Some information I've come across says it's heat stable, but that stability can be effected by the acid or alkali solution it is present in. Some information says a large percent can be lost in cooking, which could be due to heat or leaching into water.
Some information says it is heat stable and some that it is not.

So I would err on the side of caution and not vape it when you take it.

The headaches and other symptoms could be caused by a variety of things. If B12 isn't helping, it may not be a deficiency in it that is causing the symptoms. See your doctor.

Liquid spray is my primary source. I take it everyday first thing in the morning along with my DHA&EPA supplement.

I will be getting tested, but they will probably tell me that there's nothing wrong with me, and that my B12 levels are normal. This was the case with one of my coworkers, he had an excellent diet plan (like mine) and a few years in his energy levels dropped, chronic headache, fatigue and he was always bloated and farting. He couldn't take it anymore. They just couldn't find anything wrong with him.

I will be getting the B12 shot regardless because I've been reading that supplements are harder to absorb.