August Health Challenge (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post your health goals for the month, keep us updated on your progress, and support each other! Health goals can be anything health-related, mental or physical!

My goal for the month is to keep going with roller derby :) One of the parts of the minimum skills test is to do 27 laps in 5 minutes. I'm on 12 laps currently. I'd like to get that up to 18 this month.

Reactions: PTree15
Hmm, simply to get back to working out again after my holiday, would already be fine!

Have gone ahead and sent a Whatsapp to my personal trainer notifying him that I am back and ready to work out, and scheduled a session for tomorrow morning.

Am considering to also check with my Martial Arts gym whether they have a good offer for me to start training again after I could not train for some months after having an accident... maybe tomorrow.

Went to roller derby training last night - I'm getting worse! 11 laps, when I did 12 last week and early 13 the week before that! I think the wheels on the skates I bought were too slippy (after reading up on the hardness of wheels it sounds like that's my problem), so fingers crossed things get better with my new ones and I can hit my target for the month :)

I still had a ton of fun, though :p

Fun is good, AF!
My goals are similar to last month's, mainly to keep the refined sugar intake low and keep on my workout schedule. Weights are still a problem because of a strained arm muscle that might take some time to sort itself out. I'm trying to be patient, so in the meantime, I want to keep doing five to six workouts a week. I'm thinking of investing in some cycling shorts because the spin bike seat at the gym can be painful to the back end after a 45 minute session. I don't do it enough for my rear to get used to it, so I think I would do it more with the shorts. I'm trying to vary my workouts a bit. I'm still nuts about the treadmill, but I'm thinking the bike would be really good for the quads, especially if I up the resistance level.

Reactions: AeryFairy
Hit a personal best yesterday of 13 laps, despite being exhausted from the house move/cleaning our old flat all day :D

Went to Roller Derby again last night, ended up in hospital :p

Fell over on my skates, landed on my ankle, had to have an X-Ray. Thankfully nothing was broken - but I did some damage to my ligaments, so no skating (or exercise in general) for a while :(

New health goal for the month: get my ankle better. Lots of rest, ice, and veeeeeery gentle motions to keep it mobile.

Oh, man, so sorry you got hurt, AF. I hope your ankle mends soon.
I had a pretty decent exercise week last week. This week has not gotten off to a good start because I'm feeling a little under the weather. Late-summer cold. Blah.

Reactions: AeryFairy
Status
Not open for further replies.