Anyone else eschew technology?

I tried out an Idaho built computer but it kept sprouting, and after a season it got all mushy.
And after all those problems with the "Idaho CompuTator" I'm staying far away from those "Apple" computers.

digger said:
Anyone else eschew technology?
nope, i embrace it full-on.
and i usually get tech stuff after it's been out awhile and tested. so yeah, another late adopter here.
SmileyoniPhone.jpg

i love my iPhone, MacBookPro and one of these months, an iPad!
i've read a book on my mom's iPad and it's great for traveling or when you're out and about where you have to sit and wait. but i'll always prefer real books.

I must say that those new Kindles and Nooks look awfully inviting to me. I'm not normally into keeping up with the ereaders, but those look nice

I, for one, am very fond of this strange, futuristic world we live in. Just thinking about how the past had no access to this gigantic globe-spanning clusterf**k of constant connection we call the Internet makes me want to cling desperately to it in the name of progress. I was born about 10 years later than I should have been, though, so that might be a part of it.

I'm currently trying to transition my notes over to purely digital ones on my poor old clunky iPad (1st generation). I don't see how anyone wouldn't jump at the chance to do so.

The preference for paper for reasons other than nostalgia is quite odd to me. I think the day we do away with paper is a victory for trees everywhere. eReaders are brilliant.

I don't care if these opinions make me weird. I just love technology. :p

Technology is a tool. I won't purposely avoid the high-tech just because it is the high-tech, but I won't adopt it unquestioningly either.

Reactions: SummerRain
I'm not a Luddite per se but I'm finding that the older I get the less inclined I am to be interested in always having the latest technology. At 49 years-old I don't own a cellphone, laptop, microwave oven, iPod, iPhone, iPad or any such thing at all... nor do I belong to any social media sites like Twitter or Facebook. I have a desktop computer and I'm quite happy to have that. Just how weird am I... and are there others here who prefer the written word on paper rather than electronic media?
My friend (who is the same age as you) is close, but he has a microwave. I guess I don't eschew technology, though I don't want a smartphone; I just want a cellphone to be mostly a phone. I do have an iPad, mp3 player and a laptop but no desk top computer (for space reasons). I loved having the iPad last night because I had baseball on the TV, football on the laptop and the debate on the iPad :D. No need to use the clicker :D.