Any knitters out there?

I jumped from making scarves (who doesn't ?) to making jumpers and children's dresses.
My mum taught me to knit many years ago when I was a child and I recently thought I might like to to take it up again and knit myself a scarf for next winter. My wife has bought me a set of needles for it. I've forgotten most of what I learned but I still remember how to cast on and do knit stitch. I just have to re-learn pearl and casting off.

My mum taught me to knit many years ago when I was a child and I recently thought I might like to to take it up again and knit myself a scarf for next winter. My wife has bought me a set of needles for it. I've forgotten most of what I learned but I still remember how to cast on and do knit stitch. I just have to re-learn pearl and casting off.

The last two are easy peasy.

Great that your mum taught you something so useful. :up:

There are lots of youtube videos for tips and knitting help. I just watched one on continental-style knitting, which seems much more efficient than English/American style. I am thinking of trying it to improve the speed of my knitting.

Reactions: Brian W and Val
Thank you, shyvas! I love making these. The cable stitch is so pretty.

Reactions: Val
That’s my favorite so far. I like the color, too.

That’s my favorite so far. I like the color, too.
Thank you, KLS. I think these will sell. I've received good feedback from other friends and family as well. I wore the gray one again on my walk yesterday. I feel very stylish when I wear it. I'm not usually a fashion maven, so this is a nice touch for me.