Animal Advocacy Animal Sanctuaries-Worldwide

This is my favorite as it is only one hour from my house. I haven’t been to this new location yet but I did go when they were actually in Woodstock. I can’t say it’s the best sanctuary out there but for me, any sanctuary that puts animals first and saves as many lives as they can, is ok in my book. :)

Woodstock Sanctuary

Reactions: Val
I should see if I can get my friend to go to the December 8 tour, weather permitting. She’s been wanting to go and has been struggling badly the last several weeks. It might do her some good and I know I would enjoy it.

I should see if I can get my friend to go to the December 8 tour, weather permitting. She’s been wanting to go and has been struggling badly the last several weeks. It might do her some good and I know I would enjoy it.

Can I come ? There is nothing that I would like better.

Reactions: KLS52
Important - Animal Rescue/Australian Bushfire/Need Funds to Feed Wildlife.

Who are the ARCCG?

The Rescue Collective and Animal Rescue Cooperative (ARC)
and the Animal Rescue Craft Guild are all one team, alongside many rescue groups helping the firezones across 5 states,
backed by a registered charity (MKC, ABN 69348678275). 100% volunteer run. Our group coordinates the making and supply of craft items that can be used by animal rescues.

Update from ARCCG Admins

1 - The Current Situation

Australia has received an amazing amount of items from local & international crafters that the majority of the need has been met.

We are continuing reaching out to as many rescues as we can (any and all of them) and helping them as we can, but the answer generally is, “Thanks guys, we’re good!” – This is due to the wonderful work to which many of you have contributed.

2 - WHAT WE NEED MOST

We need ongoing monetary donations for FOOD for animals in bushfire regions. Rescues have enough pouches and medical supplies to treat the surviving animals (and sadly, there are not as many as we hoped). The remaining animals need food because everything else is burnt. Donations can be made here: Rescue Collective Bushfire Fund - Badly burned wildlife in need

If you are overseas, please donate here: https://mkc.org.au/donations/arcworl

4 - THANK YOU WORLD 🌎

For our wonderful international supporters – THANK YOU for your support, solidarity, kind words & thoughts, and crafted items so far. We ask you, PLEASE do not send any more items to Australia. We guarantee there are animal rescue organisations in need near you. Google “animal rescue near me” and you will find some. We have reached out to some and they need pouches, nests, beds, blankets, and more. If our Australian carers had had support like this a year ago, we wouldn’t have been in the situation we found ourselves. So please, reach out to your local organisations and ask what you can do to help. Squirrels, opossums, birds, bats, rodents, skunks, etc – they all need your love!

Reactions: PTree15
click-1.jpg
Just received this lovely letter & pic of the hospital at the animal sanctuary in Australia. I hope that the pouches (and donations) that we made will
help these mites make a speedy recovery.

A Note From Dimmocks Retreat Wildlife

Thank you so much for your support of our little wildlife sanctuary in Bundanoon, we are so grateful that your organisation has chosen to help us little sanctuaries.

The stress and anxiety from these fires which have been ongoing for a month with five evacuations has been overwhelming and our rescues have increased dramatically. We have also had burn victims we have been treating as well as a critical care patient for the last four days which required 24x7 monitoring.

We have received your very generous donation, please thank your supporters for their support of all creatures in helping educate that all their lives matter and that we can create a better world together. Your organisation does amazing work and without your powerful education tools we would not have as many people making the change to veganism.

Your donation has allowed us to setup more advanced care facilities for critical patients such as Akuna in the above photo.

Thank you so much.

Love and hugs.

Justine & Greg

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15
Here is a sanctuary that I support and hope to visit this year. It is in Tampa, FL.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
Sam from Rasta (Vancouver Island)

Here is a place I want to visit. It is near Gainsville. It is not too far from here. However they are closed to the public right now due to covid.