Animal Advocacy Animal Sanctuaries-Worldwide

KLS52

Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Other
This is my favorite as it is only one hour from my house. I haven’t been to this new location yet but I did go when they were actually in Woodstock. I can’t say it’s the best sanctuary out there but for me, any sanctuary that puts animals first and saves as many lives as they can, is ok in my book. :)

Woodstock Sanctuary

• 👍
Reactions: Val

KLS52

Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Other
I should see if I can get my friend to go to the December 8 tour, weather permitting. She’s been wanting to go and has been struggling badly the last several weeks. It might do her some good and I know I would enjoy it.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Other
I should see if I can get my friend to go to the December 8 tour, weather permitting. She’s been wanting to go and has been struggling badly the last several weeks. It might do her some good and I know I would enjoy it.
Can I come ? There is nothing that I would like better.

• 👍
Reactions: KLS52

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Other
Important - Animal Rescue/Australian Bushfire/Need Funds to Feed Wildlife.

Who are the ARCCG?

The Rescue Collective and Animal Rescue Cooperative (ARC)
and the Animal Rescue Craft Guild are all one team, alongside many rescue groups helping the firezones across 5 states,
backed by a registered charity (MKC, ABN 69348678275). 100% volunteer run. Our group coordinates the making and supply of craft items that can be used by animal rescues.

Update from ARCCG Admins

1 - The Current Situation

Australia has received an amazing amount of items from local & international crafters that the majority of the need has been met.

We are continuing reaching out to as many rescues as we can (any and all of them) and helping them as we can, but the answer generally is, “Thanks guys, we’re good!” – This is due to the wonderful work to which many of you have contributed.

2 - WHAT WE NEED MOST

We need ongoing monetary donations for FOOD for animals in bushfire regions. Rescues have enough pouches and medical supplies to treat the surviving animals (and sadly, there are not as many as we hoped). The remaining animals need food because everything else is burnt. Donations can be made here: Rescue Collective Bushfire Fund - Badly burned wildlife in need

If you are overseas, please donate here: https://mkc.org.au/donations/arcworl

4 - THANK YOU WORLD 🌎

For our wonderful international supporters – THANK YOU for your support, solidarity, kind words & thoughts, and crafted items so far. We ask you, PLEASE do not send any more items to Australia. We guarantee there are animal rescue organisations in need near you. Google “animal rescue near me” and you will find some. We have reached out to some and they need pouches, nests, beds, blankets, and more. If our Australian carers had had support like this a year ago, we wouldn’t have been in the situation we found ourselves. So please, reach out to your local organisations and ask what you can do to help. Squirrels, opossums, birds, bats, rodents, skunks, etc – they all need your love!

• 👍
Reactions: PTree15

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Other
click-1.jpg
Just received this lovely letter & pic of the hospital at the animal sanctuary in Australia. I hope that the pouches (and donations) that we made will
help these mites make a speedy recovery.

A Note From Dimmocks Retreat Wildlife

Thank you so much for your support of our little wildlife sanctuary in Bundanoon, we are so grateful that your organisation has chosen to help us little sanctuaries.

The stress and anxiety from these fires which have been ongoing for a month with five evacuations has been overwhelming and our rescues have increased dramatically. We have also had burn victims we have been treating as well as a critical care patient for the last four days which required 24x7 monitoring.

We have received your very generous donation, please thank your supporters for their support of all creatures in helping educate that all their lives matter and that we can create a better world together. Your organisation does amazing work and without your powerful education tools we would not have as many people making the change to veganism.

Your donation has allowed us to setup more advanced care facilities for critical patients such as Akuna in the above photo.

Thank you so much.

Love and hugs.

Justine & Greg

• 🙁
Reactions: PTree15

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Other
1587537352264.png

1587537564928.png

1587537941729.png

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Chryssie
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shyvas Animal Sanctuaries Animals 15
Meyersaurus Working at animal sanctuaries General 3
shyvas Animal Advocacy Animal Charities/Sanctuaries Animals 20
Vegan Dogs Pet food animal consumtion...ranks unnatural pet animals as the 5th largest meat eating continent in the world. Animals 0
Amy SF Farmers and animal rights activists are coming together to fight big factory farms Animals 12
B My boyfriend-Animal products consumption Relationships 5
Lou VegMovies-Pb & Animal Friendly Movies. Media & Entertainment 0
E News Choose Animal Compassion Over The Animal Within Marketplace 0
Lou Animal Lives Matter General 30
StrangeOtter Companion animal gratefulness thread Animals 35
SapphireLightning Should this video be reported for animal curelty? General 8
nobody Wild Animal Suffering Philosophy 58
R Animal products in industrial manufacturing? Philosophy 21
Graeme M Is animal farming always wrong? Philosophy 45
F US Vegan Animal Communicator Support 5
AvocadoTrees D3 and other animal derivatives - cereal! Food & Drink 13
R Animal rights vegan documentaries to watch Support 1
Amy SF Animal Advocacy The animal rights protesters disrupting Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders rallies, explained Animals 1
vishvadave Is a Mushroom still Vegan-Grown on Meat/Dead Animal ? General 6
Hog Full Disclosure About Animal Products. General 1
Serbia Sanctuary Small animal sanctuary in the middle of nowhere Animals 4
Hog Vegans are major suppliers of animal products. 😉 Philosophy 2
KristopherCussans Animal Ethics Philosophy Literature Review Philosophy 3
Willowbrook Farms Charity Willowbrook Farms Animal Sanctuary: Patrons Needed Marketplace 0
E Nibbling on animal food Transitioning 10
R Animal Experiments with Agenda Animals 1
Vegan News Vegan Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix's The Animal People General 2
R China 🇨🇳 animal petition Animals 0
B Side effects of animal proteins Support 4
shyvas Animal Equality Animals 4
Amy SF Animal Rights US Senate unanimously passes bill making animal cruelty a federal felony Animals 5
JessikaM How can I get involved with animal rights movements? Animals 4
R Do you think all animal slaughter and meat should be banned? Animals 16
JessikaM Plant Based Diets Can Feed More People Than Animal Based Diets? General 4
Forest Nymph Ecofeminism and Animal Rights Philosophy 16
shyvas Animal Advocacy 'Animal Rebellion' - Activist Group Protest Animals 0
QualityGains A new Reason Why The Animal Industry Is Flawed [Science B*tch] Food & Drink 11
Forest Nymph Animal Liberation Convergence Conference Holidays & Travel 20
Lou Interesting Animal Rights Article in the Washington Post General 0
shyvas Animal Advocacy 10 Tips - How to Be an Effective Animal Rights Activist Animals 1
R What is your Favourite Animal Tattoo? Animals 3
Lou Animal free products in the news General 2
A Family members-No empathy for animal suffering Philosophy 6
Vegan Dogs UK Petition to put slaughtered animals on animal food products sold for AR human health and environmental changes needed help General 0
Hog Does anyone ever feel alone as an animal rights vegan? Support 13
Ger Personal Animal Stories Animals 3
R Should restaurants & Cafés Ban leather seats/animal skins in respect to veg*ans? Animals 15
shyvas Animal Advocacy Doris Day Animal Foundation Animals 3
K Product Animal Tails Charity Books Marketplace 0
Ger The Everything Animal Videos/Pix/Stories Animals 94