Philosophy An alternative to political correctness?

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
What is the alternative to political correctness? Watch this video and find out!
Political correctness aims for some very nice results, but its means have a habit of upsetting a lot of people. Might there be an alternative to it? We think there is, and it’s called

I know lots of people who think they are polite. But, they are a$$holes just like me.

I worked at a 7-Eleven about thirty years ago. A customer once complained about the poor service that he received from another clerk. I said. "Do you want to hear an official response or a brutally honest response."

Customer, "I want the honest response."

I said, "Management does not care how rude I am to you. I have to do three things: First, don't sell alcohol to minors. Second, make sure that the register tape matches up with the cash in the drawer. Third, keep the machines filled up with Coke, coffee, and Slurpy. Other than that it does not matter what I do."

The customer was horrifically shocked.

I said, "I know you had a rough time. I am going to break the rules and give you a free Slurpy."

This movie is probably based on a true story.

Last edited:
Reactions: TofuRobot
I worked at a supermarket in the 80's. Management was very concerned about what the customer thought, and how they were treated by the employees.

It was still the era of " the customer is always right".

But nowadays, it seems that management doesn't care how the customer is treated.

Reactions: FlandersOD