Children Alicia Silverstone seeks vegan pregnancy input for next book

mollycakes

Newcomer
Reaction score
http://www.mnn.com/health/healthy-s...one-seeks-vegan-pregnancy-input-for-next-book

In an effort to better inform and help guide mothers wanting to stay vegan through pregnancy, Alicia Silverstone is writing a book called "The Kind Mama," a companion guide of sorts to her enormously successful healthy living book "The Kind Diet," released in 2009.

"I want to give women an easy-to-follow resource that's as inspiring as it is informative," she wrote on her site The Kind Life. "I want women to know that they have the power to not only have an amazing pregnancy without anxiety and discomfort, but also to feel beautiful while doing it.

"[It] will cover fertility, pregnancy, and post-pregnancy. In other words, it will help you get knocked up, have a goddess pregnancy and birth, and grow the healthiest, happiest child!"

Beyond the advice Silverstone is gathering from doctors, nutritionists, and other health experts, the 36-year-old is also seeking input from other mothers that have experienced a vegan pregnancy.

That is so awesome. I have the kind diet from the library right now, it is a nice cookbook.