Administering Fluids to Cat, Dog, Etc. at Home

:smitten:
Cybil had follow up blood work done and the results were very good. All of her levels that were high came down dramatically. So we are continuing the IV fluids. I think I am going to ask for a smaller needle. She still cries out briefly when I insert the needle. Maybe a smaller one won't hurt so bad. She is so good with sitting there once the fluids are going in that I can afford to have a smaller needle and have it take a little longer.

Oh yeah, and she gained 10 ounces. :)

Good girl Cybil - she is a fighter. You're a good mum KLS.

Reactions: KLS52 and Amy SF
Update: Cybil is still doing well. I mean, she won't "get better" but she is not as frail, sickly as she was before the IV fluids. I am skipping a day, here and there, and it doesn't seem to be making a difference. Because she is feeling better, she is a little more feisty and doesn't like being poked. But once I get the needle in she will sit until it's done. She still cries when I insert the needle, even with the smaller gauge, :(, which is why I feel the need to give her a break once in a while. But I am pleased that she is comfortable and hanging in there.

Update: Cybil is still doing well. I mean, she won't "get better" but she is not as frail, sickly as she was before the IV fluids. I am skipping a day, here and there, and it doesn't seem to be making a difference. Because she is feeling better, she is a little more feisty and doesn't like being poked. But once I get the needle in she will sit until it's done. She still cries when I insert the needle, even with the smaller gauge, :(, which is why I feel the need to give her a break once in a while. But I am pleased that she is comfortable and hanging in there.

I'm so pleased that you have given her some extra quality time. You both deserve it.:smitten:

Happy to read this. :)

We're still at it with the fluids. Crazy cat is still hanging in there. She's terribly thin and frail and her fur is dull and dry/flaky but she is eating, drinking and using the litter box. And still manages to keep the other three in line, lol. It's amazing and she's definitely not ready to let go.

We're still at it with the fluids. Crazy cat is still hanging in there. She's terribly thin and frail and her fur is dull and dry/flaky but she is eating, drinking and using the litter box. And still manages to keep the other three in line, lol. It's amazing and she's definitely not ready to let go.
You're the best kitty mom. :thumbsup:

Reactions: KLS52
Not too shabby for going on 19 and being sickly.

8aqegytu.jpg
ynu9ysat.jpg

I keep blankets on the floor so she doesn't have to jump for a comfy spot to lay. All the kitties like it, too.

I have a bad feeling...she's been acting weird all day. She can't seem to get comfortable...very restless, moving from spot to spot, literally, every five minutes. She's also terribly weak. She went into the kitchen a little while ago to drink water and when she was done, she took a few steps and then laid down right in the middle of the floor. I've been bringing her food to her wherever she happens to be laying down. Her appetite is good and she's still using the litter box. I just wish she would settle down...I fear it's going to be a long night and I have to bring the remaining three kittens to the shelter tomorrow. :(

I have a bad feeling...she's been acting weird all day. She can't seem to get comfortable...very restless, moving from spot to spot, literally, every five minutes. She's also terribly weak. She went into the kitchen a little while ago to drink water and when she was done, she took a few steps and then laid down right in the middle of the floor. I've been bringing her food to her wherever she happens to be laying down. Her appetite is good and she's still using the litter box. I just wish she would settle down...I fear it's going to be a long night and I have to bring the remaining three kittens to the shelter tomorrow. :(

Aw KL. I ll be thinking of you and kitty. :hug:

Reactions: KLS52
She's gone. I'll post in the dreaded memorial thread. :'(