7 ways to get arrested in Europe

It says it's OK to "murder someone with the ancient city walls of York, Scotland--but only if carrying a bow and arrow". The interesting part here is probably the part about how murdering someone can be OK, and maybe this is a bit off-topic, BUT: I've never heard of York, Scotland. There is however a very well-known York (with a city wall) in the north of England. I've been there, walked on the walls even.

It says it's OK to "murder someone with the ancient city walls of York, Scotland--but only if carrying a bow and arrow". The interesting part here is probably the part about how murdering someone can be OK, and maybe this is a bit off-topic, BUT: I've never heard of York, Scotland. There is however a very well-known York (with a city wall) in the north of England. I've been there, walked on the walls even.

I saw a tv programme the other day, saying that murder was legal on a footbridge in a certain region of the UK. I can't remember where it was but think it was in the East of England.

Britain Explorer - Strange & Curious British Laws

There are weird and/or archaic laws still on the books everywhere. This article describes a few from the U.S.: Top Craziest Laws Still on the Books | legalzoom.com

In the town where I grew up, it's still technically illegal for a non-white person to spend the night in town.
In Tampa, it is against the law to tie an alligator to a horse post. Not that there are any horse posts left, but we do have plenty of gators! :D

Reactions: Mischief
In Norway, this is an illigal weapon:

mandag+28.3+569.JPG

And also this

images%5CMarketing%5Cgallery%5C3016%5Cblaaseror_large.jpg

I had it both as a kid, but home made. I was a real rebell and broke laws! :D Dry peas was good ammunition, but I guess illigal to carry when you carry a weapon. :p

Reactions: Amy SF
In Norway, this is an illigal weapon:

mandag+28.3+569.JPG

And also this

images%5CMarketing%5Cgallery%5C3016%5Cblaaseror_large.jpg

I had it both as a kid, but home made. I was a real rebell and broke laws! :D Dry peas was good ammunition, but I guess illigal to carry when you carry a weapon. :p
I used marbles in my big sling shot. I guess I can see how it became illegal.

I used marbles in my big sling shot. I guess I can see how it became illegal.

We used something like this for our slings, but we made them ourself out of a sort of metal thread (so thinner and smaller). I picked a few out of my skin. :p Made our slings out of two big nails we attached together with the metal thread.

013_4.jpg

When I went to York, my friend from Northern England told me that it's legal to kill a Scot from the wall with a bow and arrow. Which makes a tad more sense.

ETA: In Greece, don't take a photo with a marble statue mimicking the pose of the statue. Museum guards will come over and make you delete the photo from your camera!

It's technically still legal to use a bow and arrow to kill a Welshman inside the walls of Chester at night. And in York it's legal to use a bow and arrow to kill a Scot, but not on a Sunday.

Although you could never actually use that in court as a defense as all those sort of very old laws are superseded by the laws covering murder etc.

Interesting law that means nearly every male in England is breaking the law: All males aged 14 and over are supposed to do at least 2 hours of longbow practice per week in England.
And I half remember one about London cabs, by law they're supposed to carry oats and hay or something like that. Oh and it's illegal to eat mince pies on Christmas Day (Oliver Cromwell is to thank for that) and MPs aren't allowed to wear a suit of armor in the houses of parliament.

And my absolute favourite. It's illegal to be drunk in a pub.