Your favorite work of art

I have all kinds of favorite artists. I’m in NYC today and saw the Frida Kahlo show at the Brooklyn Museum. This show is not so much about her actual art as it is about the art of her whole life. It’s fascinating! They even have one of the leg prosthetics that she wore after her right leg was amputated. It’s wearing a beautiful red leather boot!
She was a fascinating person.

Music is my favorite art form, and it's difficult to choose a favorite artist. I enjoy several genres, including rock, classic rock, heavy metal, death metal, classical, ambient, jazz, electronica, pop, folk rock ... the list goes on. The only genres I don't really enjoy are disco and newer country.

I can't say I am a student of painted art, but I do like the impressionists. I also like Andrew Wyeth. Something about his art brings me back to the innocence of childhood, when my mind was less cluttered, and the only things that concerned me were play time and meal time and breezy summer days filled with the wonder of nature.

Reactions: Val and Mischief
Last year, when the Obama portraits were unveiled in DC, I was really impressed. I had been a big fan of Kehinde Wiley since 2016 when our museum (VMFA) had a big Wiley retrospective, but I was not familiar with Amy Sherald until I saw her portrait of Michelle. I thought both were stunning works of art.

Last edited:
A portrait of my sweet girl, Poppy, inspired by Kehinde Wiley's style of painting:

IMG_0068 (1).jpg

It's actually been accepted into a portrait show at the studio school at the museum which starts next Friday. I'm pretty excited.