Music Your favorite voices

M

mlp

k.d. lang has what is probably my favorite female singing voice of all time (my time, that is :p).

With guys, my preferences tend toward voices that aren't necessarily great or even good, but which have a lot of character - like Neil Young, or the old and pain filled voice of the Johnny Cash of the America albums.

What about you?

Eddie Vedder. Jimmy Cliff. Cody Chesnutt. Erykah Badu. Dusty Springfield. Ray Charles.

Bjork, Trent Reznor, Corey Taylor, Amy Lee, Shirley Manson, Bruce Springsteen, Christina Aguilera, Stevie Wonder, Karen Carpenter, Dolly Parton, Morrissey, Robert Smith, Matt Bellamy, Carly Simon, Michael Jackson, Luther Vandross. I could go on all day.:starshower:

Reactions: thefadedone
Marilyn Manson

His voice makes me weak at the knees.

Emilie autumn, her speaking voice is so dreamy

And I know hes not a singer but Alan Rickman. Yup.

Elliott Smith, Steven Wilson, Roger Waters, Jeff Buckley, Jimmy Gnecco, Beck Hansen, Brian Wilson, Matt Bellamy, Gordon Lightfoot, Cinjun Tate, Thom Yorke, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison... and on and on.
Music is endless. <3

Reactions: Dedalus
k.d. lang has what is probably my favorite female singing voice of all time (my time, that is :p).

With guys, my preferences tend toward voices that aren't necessarily great or even good, but which have a lot of character - like Neil Young, or the old and pain filled voice of the Johnny Cash of the America albums.

What about you?
I love Neil Young. I get so much flack from people who say he can't sing. :p

Love Chris Cornell. I like his Audioslave stuff better than Soundgarden, but that's because I am a Rage Against the Machine fan.

I've also found Peter Steele of Type O Negative very unusual and compelling.

I don't know if anyone is familiar with Tony Joe White. I've loved his "Poke Salad Annie" since I was a kid.

I don't find too many female vocalists appealing. I always wished I sounded like Dusty Springfield though.

I like voices with power, great tone, and range. High notes especially send chills down my spine. Leona Lewis and Christina Perri have beautiful voices.

Speaking:
Morgan Freeman
James Earl Jones
Viggo Mortensen
Ian Mckellen
Cate Blanchett
Vanessa Redgrave
Liam Neeson
Burl Ives
Alec Guinness

Singing:
Eva Cassidy
Meatloaf
David Bowie
K.D. Lang
Enya
Annie Lennox
Chris Cornell
Neil Young
Bruce Springsteen
Harry Chapin
The group Low, the lead singer and his wife have such a great sound together.
Heather Nova
Frank Zappa

I'm sure I can think of more for both. Just drawing a blank right now.

Also, that guy who typically narrates Frontline documentaries.

Don't laugh, because I hear tell she's a bit overexposed in the US, but I love Adele.

Also, James Taylor is an angel from heaven, surely. :)

Reactions: PiSis
Speaking:
Morgan Freeman
James Earl Jones
Viggo Mortensen
Ian Mckellen
Cate Blanchett
Vanessa Redgrave
Liam Neeson
Burl Ives
Alec Guinness

Singing:
Eva Cassidy
Meatloaf
David Bowie
K.D. Lang
Enya
Annie Lennox
Chris Cornell
Neil Young
Bruce Springsteen
Harry Chapin
The group Low, the lead singer and his wife have such a great sound together.
Heather Nova
Frank Zappa

I'm sure I can think of more for both. Just drawing a blank right now.

I love Heather Nova and her voice so much. <3 Neil Young and Bruce too! Also the voices of Joanna Newsom (probably my single favourite musician ever if I was forced to pick just one which is impossible really), Kate Bush, Ane Brun, Joni Mitchell, Ana Silvera, Eef Barzelay (Clem Snide), Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Tori Amos and loads more I'll think about after hitting submit.