Music Your favorite voices

I have a long (singing) list, but here are a few faves: Neil Young, Tom Waits, Trent Reznor, Maynard James Keenan, Tori Amos, Ann Wilson, Layne Staley, Jerry Cantrell, Jeff Buckley, Elliot Smith, Steven Wilson, Emily Haines, Chan Marshall, Eddie Vedder, Mikael Akerfeldt, Chris Cornell, Rob Wynia, Tim Bowness, Mark Lanegan.
Elliott Smith AND Steven Wilson? Along with many others - wow. Your taste is awesome!

Reactions: Cerebellion
There are SO many great voices past and present but these three just popped into my head:

Etta James
Nat King Cole
Beverly Sills

Totally random I know, but that's pretty much how my mind works.

:p

Reactions: PTree15
Elliott Smith AND Steven Wilson? Along with many others - wow. Your taste is awesome!
Lol, I have to thank many a music friend for turning me on to a lot of music I might have missed out on otherwise. I don't know what I would do without music. I don't even like to think about it.

Reactions: CrowCaw
so many voices i like already mentioned...
my faves are some of the off-beat ones as well, like the much aforementioned Neal Young,
plus Stevie Nicks, Macy Gray, Lily Allen, Kate Bush, Kate Miller-Heidke, Anya Marina & Sia to name a few.
the kings of harmonizing...The Beach Boys.
the king of the spoken word...Alan Rickman.
And I know hes not a singer but Alan Rickman. Yup.
His voice makes me weak at the knees.

Reactions: beanstew
so many voices i like already mentioned...
my faves are some of the off-beat ones as well, like the much aforementioned Neal Young,
plus Stevie Nicks, Macy Gray, Lily Allen, Kate Bush, Kate Miller-Heidke, Anya Marina & Sia to name a few.
the kings of harmonizing...The Beach Boys.
the king of the spoken word...Alan Rickman.

His voice makes me weak at the knees.

I love Kate Miller-Heidke! :)

Reactions: PiSis
I saw Storm Large do a show with Pink Martini. It was pretty awesome. Also, I'd like to add both Lisa Gerrard and Brendan Perry of Dead Can Dance to my list of favorites

Reactions: beanstew
  • Nat King Cole
  • Sam Cooke
  • Ella Fitzgerald
  • Dinah Washington
  • Aretha Franklin
  • Stevie Wonder
There are so many more, but I think those are some biggies for me.... LOL :rolleyes:

Wow...thanks for resurrecting this, one because apparently I never posted in it but mostly because I love seeing all of the names of those who no longer frequent the forum. <3

Wow...thanks for resurrecting this, one because apparently I never posted in it but mostly because I love seeing all of the names of those who no longer frequent the forum. <3
Me too! This one totally slipped by me!

Brian Ferry. All for now.

Reactions: Val and KLS52