You can watch "running for good" online this weekend for free

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Watch the film here
https://runningforgoodfilm.com

"The co-director of “Cowspiracy” and “What the Health” has been hard at work following these two documentary hits. In August, Keegan Kuhn premiered his new solo project, “Running For Good.” The film tells the story of vegan ultramarathoner Fiona Oakes, a powerful force of an athlete who, despite her extraordinary accomplishments, has received little media recognition. The compelling documentary is now available to stream online."
- https://www.livekindly.co/documentary-running-for-good-vegan-female-athlete-fiona-oakes/

Here is the official trailer.

Reactions: Emma JC
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Lou.

I hope they put it up on YouTube soon as it is much easier to watch as a couple that way. Maybe Netflix, too.

Emma JC

It's going straight to DVD. Maybe a limited run at theatres. Then it would be great if it got to go to Netflix.

Its just free this weekend.

ah, thank you - I will try to watch it now and 'he' can always watch it later

Emma JC

We watched this movie last night and it was amazing. Thank you again, Lou.

I also watched Rich Roll's interview with Fiona and Keegan (almost as long as the movie) and it was very interesting as well and gave even more insights into this amazing woman who cares so deeply for the animals!

Emma JC

Reactions: TofuRobot
Just finished it. Amazing stuff. Unfortunately, the thing that keeps coming to my mind is, "I can't believe there are 1000 people crazy enough to run 100 miles through the Sahara desert."

Reactions: TofuRobot
Just finished it. Amazing stuff. Unfortunately, the thing that keeps coming to my mind is, "I can't believe there are 1000 people crazy enough to run 100 miles through the Sahara desert."

Yup, I'd rather shovel the *p__p* at her sanctuary than run through the Sahara.

Emma JC

You have to admire the mindset, tho.
Yeah, I keep winning all these marathons, even when they are on the North Pole or at 14,ooo ft (ok she didn't win that one). So how about running 5 marathons in a row. In the freaking Sahara. That ought to be challenging.

BTW, I just looked up her shoes. I just bought some trainers like a week ago but next year I want to get these.

Was gonna make a new post but found this... I love Rich Roll's podcasts, but I've not yet seen this one. She seems amazing!

What I was going to post about was my new running shoes... Just starting running a bit, after at least a couple years of being a desk potato. After a couple weeks my knees started hurting, so I decided to go out and get some new shoes, and I'm happy to discover that my shoes (Mizuno) are vegan. Oddly, the ones she is lacing up in the intro to the first video looks like they might be Mizunos.

Anyway - I hadn't even heard of them until I got them. Great shoes. Will have to check out her own now, too.

Going to watch this podcast later..... Thanks for sharing this, @Lou

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I am due for a new pair of running shoes.
The last couple of shoes I have gotten were Brooks (Ghost 10s). Not entirely vegan but pretty close. Before that, I always bought the New Balance shoes that are entirely vegan, but after one model year change, the new ones didn't fit me that well and gave me blisters (Kudos to New Balance - they refunded the money even tho I had bled in the shoe).
I am going to try the NBs again, but I have been so happy with the Brooks (and they are a lot cheaper) but will give the Mizunos a test drive.

The other thing about NB is that they are made in America, therefore no child labor is involved.

Reactions: Emma JC