Woman attacked for being gay

Reaction score
I saw this article on tumblr with this description:
http://journalstar.com/news/local/c...cle_d0892b58-9ec9-566c-8b66-bb0a032b8e03.html
Today my hometown was struck by a disgusting hardship.
A woman this afternoon was found by a neighbor, bleeding and naked. She was attacked in her home because she was gay. Two or more men broke into her home through the basement and proceeded to tag her basement. They found the homeowner, who is an open lesbian, and stabbed, assaulted, and carved “dyke” into her chest. They attempted to burn her house to the ground, but the gas only sparked. Somehow, this woman (who remains anonymous until she decides to come out on her own time) was able to escape. She was found naked, bound with zip ties, and bloody. She is still alive and in the hospital.
A recovery fund has been set up to help her cover medical bills and anything she may need. That link can be found here, along with a link from the original news story.

And another article, which includes the picture of what they wrote on her wall. http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2012/07/...igil-for-lesbian-brutalized-in-home-invasion/

Words cant describe the anger I feel. I hope they get what is coming to them. I cant believe those men havent been arrested. Sickening. I also saw this really hateful, stupid facebook page today. I cant understand what is wrong with some people.

Some people make me sick. I sincerely hope this poor woman recovers, and that the assholes who did this pay for what they've done. It's horrific.

:( F*cking awful. I don't know how people find the strength to recover from a cowardly and vicious attack like that.

If I live to be 110, I don't think I will ever understand these kinds of things. :(

Things like this always hit close to home. My niece is gay and we love her partner so very much and can't imagine anything like this happening to either of them. I do sometimes worry about her, since we live in Texas. Thankfully, she lives in an area where redneck cowboys are few to none. My heart goes out to this poor woman.