Worst Adult Case of Vegan Bullying I've Ever Seen

Forest Nymph

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
There are likely worse cases that involve vegan children or teens, but SERIOUSLY even if you think she was going too far by suing her neighbors over the smell of their barbecue....thousands of people cooking animals outside her home?

Really?

Do you, in recent memory, have ANY recollection of people over-reacting so cruelly and aggressively to a lawsuit they found petty? THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE? You'd think she was Donald Trump, or had run over someone's grandma, or denied climate change.

I don't live in Australia, but this is harassment, thousands of people bullying a vegan woman they don't like should be against the law.

This is why I have no patience.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/04/thous...f-vegan-who-sued-neighbors-over-smelly-meats/

At the time the NYpost article was written(today) , according to it there were over 3000 people planning to attend. I just looked and now the event on FB says it's over 6000. Aussies love their backyard BBQ's and see this woman's case as a waste of the Supreme court's time. On the face of it, it seems that way to me also, as included in her complaint are cigarette smoke and bouncing basketballs. The original news article is scant on details, so it's sort of up in the air what/how much/to what extent the neighbors were/were not really pushing the bounds of being neighborly. I'd never complain about occasionally having to hear children/smelling tobacco smoke/fish smell - it's part of living in a community, though if it was intense and/or often enough I'd probably be looking for another place to live rather than trying to bully people with the law. I hope Ms Carden find's another place to stay on the day of the event.

Um yeah I think the point has gone way over your head, or you're being deliberately disingenuous. I said in the original post that I think it's fair to have the opinion that her lawsuit was petty or went too far.

ON THE OTHER HAND...6,000 people committing a deliberate act of violence over a woman being vegan says a lot more about Western culture and meat-eating than it does about the original lawsuit. If she had killed someone drunk driving, or done something truly terrible, I could see the fuss. But this is symptomatic of sick culture that values consumption of animal products over sanity, science and apparently common decency.

Which is why "bullying people with the law" is going to end up being the only answer in the end. I know this now, that the only way the planet will ever be saved is through heavy handed laws against animal product consumption, taxes on meat, and so forth. Act like a child and so be treated as one. I'm tired of approaching meat eaters as if they're rational adults, many clearly aren't, and we really don't have time for evolution to catch up to these morons.

ON THE OTHER HAND...6,000 people committing a deliberate act of violence over a woman being vegan says a lot more about Western culture and meat-eating than it does about the original lawsuit. If she had killed someone drunk driving, or done something truly terrible, I could see the fuss. But this is symptomatic of sick culture that values consumption of animal products over sanity, science and apparently common decency.

:rolleyes: They are staging a bbq near (not on) her property, which is hardly an act of violence against her. Further, they are doing this because she was clearly trying to bully people with the law and wasting the supreme court's time, not just because she's vegan.

:rolleyes: They are staging a bbq near (not on) her property, which is hardly an act of violence against her. Further, they are doing this because she was clearly trying to bully people with the law and wasting the supreme court's time, not just because she's vegan.

I think you're being intentionally contrarian, because you'd have to completely ******* stupid to not notice that 6,000 people don't just get together every month and stage offensive protests against private citizens over petty lawsuits.

It's hard to get 6,000 people together to storm the home of an evil senator, or to politically attack a person who, oh I dunno, actually has power and does legitimately horrible things, like stopping people from having health care or shredding protections for the environment.

You're obviously not vegan. It becomes more and more clear with every post you make. The "violence" I'm referring to is the grilling of 6,000 or more animals, as well as the psychological attack on the woman in proximity to her own home. It would be completely normal for her to fear for her safety.

It's patently idiotic for people to make this big of a deal over meat. There are much bigger problems in the world, like children starving, and the dying of the coral reef. The fact that you pretend like this is just a normal every day occurrence just reinforces to me that psychologically you are still a carnist, you are absolutely not a vegan, and are on a plant based diet to assert your unique identity or personal purity or weight loss.

In fact the American equivalent of the "great meat barbecue to **** off the vegan" is probably the uproar over the Confederate flag. And defenders of the Confederate flag used the exact same argument ...i.e. "mah culture" ..."ur oppressive laws."

I think you're being intentionally contrarian, because you'd have to completely ******* stupid to not notice that 6,000 people don't just get together every month and stage offensive protests against private citizens over petty lawsuits.

No, they don't. It's as much a pushback against veganism as it is the woman

You're obviously not vegan. It becomes more and more clear with every post you make. The "violence" I'm referring to is the grilling of 6,000 or more animals, as well as the psychological attack on the woman in proximity to her own home. It would be completely normal for her to fear for her safety.

You said, in part "ON THE OTHER HAND...6,000 people committing a deliberate act of violence over a woman being vegan..." which suggests that they wouldn't be cooking and eating animals anyway, which is ridiculously dishonest.

As for not being a vegan (apparently because I don't agree with your characterization of the event) that sounds a lot like Durianrider claiming people aren't vegan if they don't completely agree with his cult leadership.

It's patently idiotic for people to make this big of a deal over meat. There are much bigger problems in the world, like children starving, and the dying of the coral reef. The fact that you pretend like this is just a normal every day occurrence just reinforces to me that psychologically you are still a carnist, you are absolutely not a vegan, and are on a plant based diet to assert your unique identity or personal purity or weight loss.

You sure do like to set up straw men and then knock them down. I don't pretend this is a normal occurrence, I actually agree it's over the top, but I don't agree with your characterization of it. Go ahead and call me "not vegan" . If you haven't already noticed, your opinion on this matter doesn't mean d*ck to me, because it all comes from your hurt ego.

Which is why "bullying people with the law" is going to end up being the only answer in the end. I know this now, that the only way the planet will ever be saved is through heavy handed laws against animal product consumption, taxes on meat, and so forth. Act like a child and so be treated as one. I'm tired of approaching meat eaters as if they're rational adults, many clearly aren't, and we really don't have time for evolution to catch up to these morons.

Am I allowed to agree; at-least the spirit and the need for heavy handed law.

• Love
Reactions: Forest Nymph
Trying to think of a clever byline or introduction to this article. This whole thing is ridiculous. Perhaps.....

Rationale Thinking Occurs in Perth, Surprises Everyone.

Last edited:
  • Love
Trying to think of a clever byline or introduction to this article. This whole thing is ridiculous. Perhaps.....
Rationale Thought Occurs.

This article you posted claims Bailey Mason, the organizer, cancelled it. But in this post he is claiming someone else is using his name:

"My name is in World Wide News today as someone is impersonating me on a fake Facebook account. They have created an event for a BBQ outside a vegans home which thousands are claiming to attend.

I am not the event organiser, I have nothing to do with this event and am disgusted that media has run this fake hurtful news that is defamatory.

I am a vegan activist and clearly would not support going onto someone's property to bbq animals!

I am speaking with the police and my lawyer to finally get the impersonation account deleted and the fake news removed.

The person who is impersonating me is using my full name, stolen my images and not only created this harassing event but have posted a beheading claiming I want all meat eaters dead and other appalling posts.

Please report the Facebook page "Bailey Mason - Warrior For Animals" this is not me!

#EndBullying"

• Wow
This BBQ is not even really going to happen. It is a hoax perpetrated by vegan animal rights activist Bailey Mason.

NY Daily News messed this all up. They attributed a bunch of impersonator posts from January and February to Mason. Not fair:

"The event’s organizer, Warrior for Animals activist Bailey Mason, has a long history of radical left wing postings.

“IF you want to stop animal abuse, If you want animals to be free,If you want people to stop eating meat! Then look to me! I AM YOUR SAVIOUR,” he wrote in February.

In January, Mason wrote that he was protesting a circus that he said feeds meat to its lions.

“I can hear the animals voices in my head, they are telling me they are sad, and they don’t like it, they talk to me everyday,” he wrote."

End NY Daily quotes. Bailey Mason January 29 post explaining this was not him:

"I'm receiving mass hate comments, threats and now a fake page has been created impersonating me on Facebook.

This is my only Facebook page but there is another page that looks the same but is a FAKE ACCOUNT and claims I support feeding lions tofu and eating humans.

Please go and report the page that I have screenshot as this is NOT ME but an IMPERSONATOR."

Well like I said, this is a mass adult bullying, if not towards Cilia Carden, then towards Bailey Mason. Thankfully the law stepped in to stop the physical action.