Will animals be missed?

It sounds like your answer to my question is yes, you are in favor of or OK with purebreds dying out. There are some people who only care about purebreds, like one breed usually, and they would consider it an extreme position that is alright with losing say the dachshund. But if you are against people making a profit breeding dogs, there is little chance the dachshund or any other breed of dog or cat can continue, unless it is done for free by a wealthy person.

I do not agree with spay/neuter or with any other mutilation to dogs' or cats' bodies, such as declawing. I think that sentient beings should be allowed to keep their reproductive organs and have normal sex and family lives, with offspring. This is how wolves and African wildcats live. A long time ago, some of these messed up and started hanging around humans, so now we have to alter their descendants.

I only think about individual sentient beings and don't care about species, and cats and dogs themselves don't care about species or even know what they are. Two hundred species go extinct every single day and some of those are probably due to our kitty litter waste, manufacturing of cat toys, manufacturing of kennels, etc. Since September, I have been volunteering at an animal shelter weekly, one that does cruelty investigations and seizes animals, but most of the animals there are just surrendered by people. The animals there are the saddest beings you will ever encounter, living in little cages waiting month after month for someone to adopt them but noone ever does. Some of the cats only have one eye because the FIV they catch in the cat hoarders' houses gives them eye infections that makes them lose one. The violence and cruelty against cats and dogs is so extreme, that I would press the button that sterilized all cats and dogs to save non-existent dogs and cats the horror of being born into this system. Extreme problems need extreme solutions and this is an extreme problem.

If human enjoyment, companionship or even health weighs in on it in any way, I think that's wrong, is pro human to the detriment of the animals. No cat is better off than an African wildcat living in the wild, and no dog is better off than a wolf living naturally in the wild, so that's all I need to know to make the decision about pressing the button. I don't think it's an anti-pet position and I have 5 animals in the house right now with 2 more at the shelter awaiting castration (yippee for them).

As far as dogs and cats giving people a connection to animals, leading to more veganism...I don't think you're making the connection that dogs and cats being in the world means dogs and cats are being farmed for meat and leather. You're making it sound like all people think of them as pets when to many people they are docile species, eager to please humans, in a convenient size, who make very good livestock, whereas wolves and African wildcats don't. Is the possibility that having a dog or cat leads people to go vegan worth them dying by the millions daily from slaughter, euthanasia, cars, disease, cruelty etc., and worth them living in kennels or tied up outside in the snow?

Had a good think about it, and to be a true vegan you would have to let all animals live a natural life, without intervention from humans, which is of course impossible. It is not natural for any animal to be kept in captivity, so I agree that in that case all domesticated animals should be allowed to die out and left to live in the wild. This then creates huge problems for humans, as all those lovely fields of crops would be a food source for those animals, and being good vegans they would be allowed to roam free.
Another point raised about eating stray animals such as dogs, why not? About time a good use was found for them! I would have no problem doing so, provided they tasted ok.
Come on guys, just accept some people want to eat good wholesome tasty food, others want to be vegans! Final point, is it ok to eat road kill, as the animal wasn't bred for food?
And yes, my parents were related, they were married to each other! Just the sort of comment I would expect from an intolerant vegan.

Domestic breeds of farm animals are such frankenstein unnatural animals they would for the most part struggle to survive in the wild.

Humans breed these animals that are not part of any natural ecosystem so once the production of them by humans ceases they will go extinct as they should

I personally owned cows goats and currently now rescue turkeys.

None of those animals could be left in the cold winters alone in the wild alone to survive they would starve and die of the cold.

The turkeys are like chickens so unnatural they are unable to fly as their ancestors could...so useless again to survival and the lifespan of a farm bred chicken is a few years only i lost 1 turkey hen age 1 year old new years day the vets said suffering arthritis in legs pains in hearts too weak etc they are unhealthy unnatural suffering animals. Cows so heavy also suffer pains in legs as standard. It is right morally to let these horrific deformed breeds to go extinct.

As for cats and dogs...their numbers due to their PET status are also out of control they live in human houses so not part of any ecosystem....if left to reproduce in the wild they would unbalance the true natural ecosystem drastically. In australia they are culling millions of gone feral and breeding in the wild domestic cats...which were a species introduced there like Europe the USA as pets used initially for rat catching purposes as well as companion pet animals...if australia did not cull these domestic breed cats all their natural ecosystem real wildlife species would be exterminated the the cats would die of starvation.

So yes...in conclusion.....domestic breeds of pets as well as domestic breeds of pigs cows goats sheep (oh no wonder farmers whine about spending sleepless nights helping ewes birth...the modern human designed sheep need help to birth unlike real wild sheep breeds who do not give birth in the snows of the early months of the year ...that is to provide easter meat lamb for human consumption of course)

all domestic breeds should go extinct and allow real ecosystems to thrive and develop.

The leading reason that there are only now 20 thousand wild lions and 4 thousand wild tigers left in the WORLD is due to their habitats being taken to grow 1000's times needing more resources of land and plant foods grown to fatten farmed animals. Pet dogs and cats also are responsible for a massive death toll passing on massive health diseases real wild animals who are not vaccinated or immune to...african wild dogs...the REAL native wild dogs are decimated due to these diseases.

The "empathy" argument....people are respectful of real wildlife animals...that humans used to OWN pet lions shows only that humans have a propensity ....to wish to OWN things greatly ...but it is immoral....to deprive animals of a natural to their species lifestyle ...there is nothing natural about a pet cat or dog living on a couch with testicles cut off to deprive them of having their own chosen families...it is simply humans enjoying ownership and control. Sure once "tamed" any animal like a slave human will "make the best of life" what ever it takes to be happy in the limitations forced on anyone. That it is unnatural and force and therefore immoral cannot be avoided however much people coo over their "fur babies" who wag their tails and purr in servility learned to just have a pleasant life subject to the forced controls on their lives we humans force on them.

Definition of a SLAVE and PET. Now fluffy words like "companion" ignore the real status...DEPENDENT. Therefore not FREE therefore slave/prisoner.definition of slave.jpg

Last edited: