Which politician would you have a drink with?

Which politician would you have a drink with?

• Boris Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vladimir Putin

• Justin Trudeau

• Malcolm Turnbull

• François Hollande

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
The Express says young people would have a drink with Barack Obama and Boris Johnson!

I'm thinking a couple of the politicians in my list might need a drink at this point!

(You can have maximum two drinks :) )

Hmmm, maybe Donald Trump would also be a good choice...
(But he might not find the drink palatable)

Obama and Bernie.

I voted only for Obama before I noticed I could vote for more than one person. I can't go back and change it.

Vladimir Putin seems like the most interesting character on that list IMO.

Wouldn't want to have a drink with him though. Wouldn't want to even be in the same room with him.

I just dont trust politicians. So, would probably sit drinking whisky alone.

Reactions: PTree15
I picked Bernie Sanders and Theresa May (I've been very interested in UK politics of late).

I can't narrow it down, so I'll go small cocktail party with this....

Dead: Winston Churchill, FDR, JFK, Che Guevara, and Gandhi. :weird: Now that would be some interesting convo! LMAO

Living: Barack Obama, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and John Lewis.

I was just reminded of a rumored exchange between a journalist & Gandhi.... Gandhi was asked, "What do you think of western civilization?" He responded, "I think it would be a good idea." :rofl:

And don't even get me started on Churchill's wit! :master:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I didn't see the poll at the top, didn't know our options were limited. Hell with it, I'm sticking with my answers. LOL :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy_T and PTree15
I picked Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton even though I may not agree 100% on their views. This will sound silly but I actually picked them for personal reasons more than anything else. They seem like easy to approach people who have a genuine interest in others and would really listen to ideas. I truly would want to talk to Obama but find him somewhat intimidating so I wouldn't be as comfortable asking him questions and the date would be hard for me. Though I would REALLY like to talk to his wife Michelle. I think she is awesome and would be very approachable! Mind you this is just from my limited observations and perceptions of these people. I could be totally off. I would only want to talk to Putin to learn about Russian culture and express my absolute love for Russian ballet dancers.

Putin doesn't seem like a fun-loving kind of guy, exactly, and his political ideals are obviously somewhat different from my own. It would probably be an awkward conversation.

I do think Boris Johnson seems like he could have a sense of humour. Or at least could occasionally provide some unintentional comedy.

My choices in the end were Barry and Bernie. Boring, I know, but we seem mostly on the same wavelength on a number of issues (not all!) and also I'm curious what Barry really thinks about all the crap he's had to put up with as president.

I think the most boring people to spend any time with would be François Hollande and Angela Merkel. I really wouldn't like to meet any of the British or the American leaders either, I'm sick of the sight of them at the moment!:D Meeting Putin would at least be an interesting story to tell people.:p

I think the most boring people to spend any time with would be François Hollande and Angela Merkel. I really wouldn't like to meet any of the British or the American leaders either, I'm sick of the sight of them at the moment!:D Meeting Putin would at least be an interesting story to tell people.:p
I, too, thought about Putin, but I don't think I could be in the same room with him, lol. I might get too angry. :D