Midwest Where in the Midwest are you?

After dark, when they've all come home for the day, you seal up the hive and move it.

Hmm, simple enough.

Won't that stress the bees though, as I can imagine that they're pretty habitual creatures?

At current count, 5 dogs, 39 cats, 11 parrots, 7 ducks, 5 chickens and 2 colonies of bees are moving with me.

That would be a dream of mine, minus the bees. Next best would be to be your neighbor, lol. I could help! :)

Hmm, simple enough.

Won't that stress the bees though, as I can imagine that they're pretty habitual creatures?

It is stressful for them, which is why it shouldn't be done lightly. It's actually more difficult for them to adjust if the hive is moved just a foot or so than if it's moved to entirely different location.

My choices are to leave them here, where there will be no one to winterize the hive, feed them in the early spring when so many of them wear themselves out looking for food, etc., or take them with me. I could *give* them to the neighbor who also keeps bees, but their concern is honey production rather than the well being of individual bees, so I think they're better off coming with me. The neighbor would just end up moving them to his property anyway, so they'd have the stress of a move in either case.

That would be a dream of mine, minus the bees. Next best would be to be your neighbor, lol. I could help! :)

I'd love to have you as a neighbor!

I am going to have to rent a utility van for a week to move everyone. There are none for rent around here, but it looks like I can rent one in St. Louis and drive it up here

Good luck with the move MLP. I just keep picturing the moving truck looking like Noah's Ark! :D
You really are an amazing person for taking care of so many animals. Hell, I don't think I could even be able to keep track of all the names of all the cats!

Reactions: CrazyCatLady
Good luck with the move MLP. I just keep picturing the moving truck looking like Noah's Ark! :D
You really are an amazing person for taking care of so many animals. Hell, I don't think I could even be able to keep track of all the names of all the cats!

The names aren't an issue (although my vet did ask me recently whether I was going to run out of names soon, lol), but I do admit that I have created checklist forms that I print off to keep track of who has had which meds when, as well as ear cleanings, etc. The dogs aren't so much of an issue, because they can be on one schedule, but the cats have to be on staggered schedules for regular *maintenance* things, both because of sheer numbers and because when I start doing things like ear cleanings, they tend to start disappearing pretty quickly - I have to do a few at a time, before everyone goes into hiding. :p

I can't even imagine having that many animals or how much work that must entail. I could cope with more cats and maybe another dog but throw in parrots, ducks, chickens and bees and I would be overwhelmed!:eek::p That is brilliant that you care for many animals mlp.:master: