Where have you been?

I’m not much of a traveller. I did go to the Bahamas in 1984. Mostly I’ve been to Florida, quite a few times, Vermont, Murrels Inlet SC, Cape Cod, Boston, Williamsburg VA. That about covers it.

ETA: I left out Connecticut lol. It doesn’t really count though.

Last edited:
California
Washington
Oregon
Utah
Missouri
Illinois
Arizona
Nevada

...and a number of States passed through traveling from California to Illinois

Abroad:

Mexico
Hungary
Netherlands
New Zealand
Australia (where I live now) - have visited most of the states and territories, including Tasmania

It seemed like a nice city. I was there on business, so I didn't get to see much of it.

I found it to be a typical large north American city and also liked it.

I also visited Quebec city and what stuck me was that it was chilly in June. There were also too many tourists for my liking.

I have lived in the following states:

Michigan
Ohio
Illinois
Texas
Indiana
New York
Arizona

TRUE STORY: I traveled from the United States to Canada and back 30 times in 2 minutes. Then my wife got mad at me for jumping over the border so many times in a row.

My eyes have seen enough places. I would rather sit on a park bench and watch the world go by.

I am from Australia and definitely it is a great place for vegans to travel too! I have been to several places but, some completely caught me in terms of food. I really liked travelling to Greece, Indonesia and India. They have such great varieties of food even when it comes to vegan food. I have turned to veganism very recently and so, find these places very exciting as I get a number of variety. It was quite difficult for me in Philippines, and quite a lot in China:pensive:

I am from Australia and definitely it is a great place for vegans to travel too! I have been to several places but, some completely caught me in terms of food. I really liked travelling to Greece, Indonesia and India. They have such great varieties of food even when it comes to vegan food. I have turned to veganism very recently and so, find these places very exciting as I get a number of variety. It was quite difficult for me in Philippines, and quite a lot in China:pensive:
Hi Sarah, I'm in regional South Australia. I moved here from Melbourne a couple of years ago.

We are going to Vietnam in May. I'm looking forward to enjoying some fresh vegan foods there.

Reactions: David3 and Val
TRUE STORY: I traveled from the United States to Canada and back 30 times in 2 minutes. Then my wife got mad at me for jumping over the border so many times in a row........
🤣 Wow! You really should travel to that "Four Corners" spot in the U.S., where 4 states (I forget which ones) each have their borders, bent at a 90-degree angle, all touching each other.

Anyway: I've lived in Upstate New York for most of my life. I've visited the following states (listed in order roughly from the most time spent there to the least): Vermont, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida (both times in JUNE!!??), Maine, North Carolina, Maryland, Virginia, Connecticut. It's on my "bucket list" to visit all the states.

I've visited the following countries: Canada (only Quebec so far- but I'm planning a visit to Ontario before my enhanced Driver's License expires), Ireland, England, Wales (mostly Cardiff, where I took a short bus tour of the city), Netherlands (only Amsterdam).

I have been in London, but I found that place too crowded. Everything seemed dead and polluted and humans were everywhere. Random people also came and talked to me, which freaked me out.
I prefer being around nature, so I think my travelling is done.
And now-a-days that we are supposed to be in quarantine, I travel in my imagination. I have the most beautiful streams, rivers and forests inside my mind.

Given how much I go on about the climate crisis, I am embarrassed to admit how much I have flown. Before 2006 I didn't really factor climate change into my decisions or know much about it, but even after that I took a lot of business flights for a while but only one for the last 5 years.

I have lived in the UK (where I'm from), Spain and now Chile. In the UK, I've only lived in England but been to Wales and Scotland many times, never northern Ireland, once briefly to Republic of Ireland (Dublin).

I have been to Portugal, Spain, France (5-6 times to Paris and never anywhere else!), Germany (most of the major cities for business), Sweden, Netherlands, Belgium (but only to change trains in Bruselles and I think passed through during the night once on the Paris-Berlin train), Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Czech Republic, Greece. I may have been to Lichtenstein. I am not sure. I think I drove a motorway that is on the border with it.

Also Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe (passing through for 2 days), South Africa. Never north or west Africa.

I've also been to Asia, but only for business trips, but sometimes I added a weekend for myself. I've been to China (Eastern including Shanghai and southern including Guangzhou), Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore. There is a colossal area of the world I've never set foot on that includes Turkey, the middle East, the Stans, Russia, India, West China and the bit with Thailand/Vietnam etc. That's by far the largest area of the world I've never been to. I've been to Australia, New Zealand.

In South America apart from Chile I've been to Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, Brazil and Argentina (passing through). Never been to central America and the Carribean. The US must be the country I've taken the most trips to without living there: California, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, North Carolina, Florida; and Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York. Canada only Toronto and Niagara Falls.

• Wow
Reactions: David3 and Val
Two years ago I was in Croatia and I think this place is gorgeous if you really want to rest. I spent there 5 days and it wasn't enough, definitely. I traveled there by car, it's about 10 hours from my country..So it's not that bad..And when you travel by car you can stop wherever you want. I wasn't vegan that time, but as I remember good there weren't many possibilities for vegan people.

Two years ago I was in Croatia and I think this place is gorgeous if you really want to rest. I spent there 5 days and it wasn't enough, definitely. I traveled there by car, it's about 10 hours from my country..So it's not that bad..And when you travel by car you can stop wherever you want. I wasn't vegan that time, but as I remember good there weren't many possibilities for vegan people.
I have a friend in the UK who goes to Croatia every year. The pictures she posts are gorgeous. It looks like a really beautiful place.

Reactions: David3
I've visited 10 countries or so, my last trip was to Bali last year. I just hope when th pandemic is over I'll start travel again

Reactions: David3