What's your take on insects?

@Graeme M Good point. I don't think houseflies normally seek out humans per se; they just like our food. And your previous post mentioned how they clean themselves. I confess I've always enjoyed watching them do that thing where they seem to rub their front legs together rapidly, rub their little heads all over, and repeat.

So I generally don't much mind them; I just keep my food away from them, and I never seem to have more than the occasional fly in my house. I worried more when I had pet rabbits. (Don't look up the terms "fly strike" or "myiasis" (sp?) on a full stomach). But as it turned out, my rabbits never had any housefly-related afflictions, possibly because I kept them indoors and their cages clean. Cuterebra flies, now- THEY were nasty. I had to take my first rabbit to the vet for that once. She recovered, fortunately.

That article didn't win me over a bit, actually worse seeing the picture. I've always thought of them as just evil creatures, and while I didn't personally deal with them, I remember how bad I felt for the cows on my uncles farm.They weren't terrible either, but they were in the barn, even though it was always cleaned. Just seeing one land on someone seemed so freakish to me
And deerflies. When we lived in the country the woman down the road watched my kids , and her house was back in the woods. I remember worrying about being late because a swarm would surround the car. No mercy for them at all