What's in Your Fruit Bowl ?

Nothing. :( I want more apples, bananas and whatever else I can get on sale. :D

I'll have the avocado. They have suddenly become so expensive over here. :oops:
They’re always expensive here, too. ☹️ I have to be careful because they often go bad before I get a chance to eat them so I’ve taken to bringing them to work where I can at least give them to coworkers so they don’t end up in the trash. It’s so wasteful.

They’re always expensive here, too. ☹ I have to be careful because they often go bad before I get a chance to eat them so I’ve taken to bringing them to work where I can at least give them to coworkers so they don’t end up in the trash. It’s so wasteful.

I used to pay $1 or 2 at Aldi in CA. At my local Lidl's they cost 1.45 Euro for one. I find that far too expensive so wait until
they are on SO. :D

Reactions: Val and KLS52
What the heck does one do with this? I forgot the name. It’s some kind of spiky exotic melon. I thought it would be fun to try. It’s disgusting. $4 down the drain. Grrrrr.
B0BB58CA-DEA4-4E04-A00C-EF021180C354.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15
I was going to google it when I was in the store but I didn’t. I would have never purchased it if I did. Cucumber is a good description of the taste. What a disappointment! I was expecting it to be like a cantaloupe. Lol.

What the heck does one do with this? I forgot the name. It’s some kind of spiky exotic melon. I thought it would be fun to try. It’s disgusting. $4 down the drain. Grrrrr.
View attachment 19151

It looks like passion fruit. I would have extracted the pulp and added sweetener and lemon juice.:)

It could be used as a topping for ice cream/yogurt/vanilla cream pots etc.

I gather that it's too late as you may have binned it. :(

Reactions: KLS52
I gather that it's too late as you may have binned it. :(
Oh hell yeah, lol. Even if it had any flavor at all, those seeds would do me in. I don’t do seeds in fruit. It’s why I have a hard time with raspberries. I even stopped eating strawberries because of the black dots and I always buy seedless jam.
Just today I was Adam’s Fairacres Farm and bought a jar of “Christmas Jam”...the name got me, lol. It was strawberries and cranberries and looked really smooth. I thought it was worth a try. But when I tasted it...yuck...it had the skins of the cranberry all throughout. They were ground really small but it ruined it for me. It’s a shame because it has a nice flavor. ☹️