What's hanging from your rear view mirror?

What's hanging from your rear view mirror?

• Mardi Gras beads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rosary beads/crucifix

• Graduation tassel

• Cardboard air freshener

• Fuzzy dice/figurine and related

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Parking tag

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Nothing

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters

beancounter

The Fire That Burns Within
Reaction score
I personally don't have anything hanging. But I see a lot of people with all sorts of stuff.

If you have something that's not listed, please share. Also, the second option can include any religious symbol, not just a cross.

On a side note, I walk everyday during lunch. My route passes by a hospital parking lot, where I see a lot of air fresheners hanging from rear view mirrors. It's sad to think that quite a few healthcare workers smoke.

Last edited:
Nothing. I don't like anything hanging from my RVM because it's too distracting when I drive. In fact, one time I was driving my mom somewhere and she put her handicapped tag on the mirror while I was still driving. I took it off because I didn't like having it dangling in my peripheral vision. I told her to hang on to it so we wouldn't forget to use it when we parked.

I have a pair of plastic cherries (that used to be an air freshener but are now just cherries) and a soft toy panda with a :S face (to reflect my driving). Just last week stuck on my dashboard a pina colada scented dancing hula lady (she really wobbles! great entertainment) onto my dashboard and also have a crocheted lucky black cat on the dash. and on the rear window i have some totoro characters. yeaaaah. i like being surrounded by stupid stuff.

Reactions: thefadedone
Nothing. I don't like anything hanging from my RVM because it's too distracting when I drive. In fact, one time I was driving my mom somewhere and she put her handicapped tag on the mirror while I was still driving. I took it off because I didn't like having it dangling in my peripheral vision. I told her to hang on to it so we wouldn't forget to use it when we parked.

Nothing here either because it's illegal for the reasons you mentioned. It's a distraction and obstruction of view. That still doesn't stop a lot of people from putting something up there though. Cops won't go out of their way to pull you over and ticket you for it, but they won't hesitate to ticket you if they already have you pulled over for another reason.

A peace symbol, which used to be an air freshener.

One of those cheap watch thingies on a lanyard.

After my herding dog whistle was stolen years ago, nothing is hanging from my RVM.

Nothing. In Virginia, having something hanging from your RVM quickly increases your chances of getting a ticket. "Obstruction of View" is taken very seriously.

I have a car charm...it's a silver poinsettia with a clear crystal on the end that reflects the light. I love it. I also have a solar snowman bobble that dances when it is in the sun.

Hmmmm...wonder if that's why it's still so cold here. Maybe I need to retire both and replace with something more Spring-like....

Oh this is so funny. I left a box of Pukka tea bags in my car - some sort of fennel and amazing herbs in them. Next time I went into the car, the car smelled AMAZING! So I was just saying to my hubbie that I am going to hang a really fragrant herb teabag from my mirror! I was sort of kidding..... but now I see this post here and think maybe I should :starshower:

Reactions: KLS52
Heh, I have a piece of sea glass attached to a wire with some beads on it and a little yellow flower that came on a backpack I bought a couple of years ago.

Reactions: KLS52
I've got a Delirium of the Endless stuffed doll hanging up in mine and an Elphaba toy glued on my dashboard.