What to spread peanut or cashew butter on?

Davy

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Very new to Vegan diet. What do people normally spread say, Cashew Butter on? Do Vegans eat crackers?
I just ordered some.

Toast, celery, apples, put some sliced bananas and spread on some bread for a sandwich. Yes, you can have crackers just read the labels. There are cheese flavored earth balance crackers that would be good with peanut butter. I'm sure cashew would be good too although I've never tried it. You could make no bake granola bars as well.

I don't know about cashew butter since I am highly allergic to cashews, but if I wasn't going to die a horrible death from anaphylactic shock, I might spread that or peanut butter on a toasted bagel, an apple, or a good piece of toasted bread.

My favorites: Apples & Peanut Butter; Bananas, peanut or cashew butter and dates

Ha, everyone mentioned Apples! Never heard that. Will have to try it.
And look up the cheese flavored earth balance crackers.
Thanks.

Very new to Vegan diet. What do people normally spread say, Cashew Butter on? Do Vegans eat crackers?
I just ordered some.
I fill wraps with hummus or peanut butter and add chopped tomato, lettuce, ruccula/rocket and olives - the strong tasting green olives we get in Andalucia, Spain.

You can make your own salad dressings with nut butters too that are super yummy! It's good in oatmeal, on bread, rice crackers, pita chips, apples, bananas, nearly anything!

I use a lot of peanut butter on all of the above suggestions. I haven't used cashew butter but macadamia butter ( made by a local macadamia nut grower ) is absolutely delicious. Not an over powering flavour so makes a great butter substitute for sandwiches etc

Anything that non-vegans do ...there are plenty of dairy-free crackers and breads out there, as well as apple slices and celery sticks.

I like putting nut butters in my oatmeal in the morning with maple syrup and hemp, flax or soy milk. It's really delicious that way and is much more filling than eating plain oatmeal.

I eat vanilla almond butter straight out of the jar.