What non veg foods do you miss the most? Do you have a sub?

Eggs. I miss fried egg sandwiches, and toasted soldiers dipped into a soft-boiled egg, and poached eggs on toast, and egg mayo sandwiches. And there's just no subbing it D:

I still get cravings for fish, which is really odd, since I so seldom ate fish, and never had cravings or any particular urge to eat fish when I was an omni.

Creamed eggs on toast is hardboiled eggs put into a roux, served over toast. Basically hard-boiled egg gravy. I could probably put tofu into a roux and a tiny bit of nooch and serve it over toast. :think:

I am always in favor of a little improved experimentation in the kitchen. Go for it! You might hit on something better than you thought possible.

Reactions: thefadedone
No way! Could you have bought some that were stale? The Dandies I get are soft and vanilla flavoured.

Hmmm, I've never seen a pack of them that didn't seem hard. Every single pack on the shelves at Whole Foods here are fairly hard. They always seem within the expiration date.

Marshmallows never seemed vanilla-flavoured to me. Just..... sweet. The Dandies I had were very strongly vanilla flavoured.

I think I ate two or three of them and ended up throwing away the rest of the pack. That was an expensive disappointment! I have seen Sweet & Sara's recently, but they look so sticky. I haven't tried them.

Hmmm, I've never seen a pack of them that didn't seem hard. Every single pack on the shelves at Whole Foods here are fairly hard. They always seem within the expiration date.

Marshmallows never seemed vanilla-flavoured to me. Just..... sweet. The Dandies I had were very strongly vanilla flavoured.

I think I ate two or three of them and ended up throwing away the rest of the pack. That was an expensive disappointment! I have seen Sweet & Sara's recently, but they look so sticky. I haven't tried them.

I will admit that I found Sweet & Sara's to have a very dense somewhat sticky texture. Not like the regular light and fluffy non veg marshmallows. Super sweet too, but all these qualities are what I loved about them. I thought they were better compared to the regular ones.

Marshmallow lovers (in the UK, at least): the owner of Goody Good Stuff told me that they are bringing out their own vegan marshmallows this year, and they will be readily available in supermarkets as well as affordable.

Reactions: GingerFoxx
I made "shrimp" stir-fry tonight using Sophie's Vegan Prawns. It was pretty good. The texture was spot-on, and the flavor ok. I added some kelp powder to make it a bit more "fishy".

Snowballs. Only because they remind me of my childhood. Plus they are pretty:p and were a ball of sugary coconut goodness. There needs to be a vegan (and somewhat more healthy) version so vegan kids don't miss out.