What kind of vegan are you ?

As a vegan, where do you get most of your calories from ?

• Fruits (bananas, apples, mango)

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Vegetables (lettuce, kale, cabbage)

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Starches (potatoes, beans, rice)

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters
I'm mainly veg - about 60%, starch about 30% and fruit about 10%, not a huge fan of fruit, I eat it because I know I should.
My breakfast is green juice, lunch usually Hummous and veg sticks, dinner is often naughty like potatoes and Linda sausages or rice and tofu or noodle and veg stir fry or veg soup and the like.

I feel like the honest answer is an 'awful one'!! I eat so badly for being vegan, any help in the right direction is appreciated - ops!!

Hi Rachel - what do you mean specifically. How long have you been vegan ?

I just eat so much rice and pasta, I add veg obviously but it's daily, sometimes twice a day, definately my favourite!! Xx

rice and pasta is great - couldn't think of better choices :)

Do you think they are great all the time, or just in moderation?? I like your style :) xx

great all the time. fruits too - fruits eaten before other foods: start the meal with fruits, rest for some 10-20 minutes, eat the rest of the rice and pasta.

If I was to be labeled I would be an ECO-Vegan as I want a more sustainable way of life, using less plastic or biodegradable plastics, healthier organic farming more inline with permaculture, healthier soil means more nutritious plants means healthier diet, more recycling going back to Great-grandparents era and beyond life was so very different and much less waste, albeit milk is bad, all milk bottles were recycled and they did not have plastic carrier bags and the stupid wasteful packaging we have today.

as for diet I love my juices and smoothies so I get as much mix as possible too, as they can be either fruit or veg bases or mixed at times

How do you get on with veg smoothies?? Mine always turn out like a bottle of smushed up grass

Eco- vegan is cool xx

Good topic. My diet is mainly potato based mix it up with adding different veggies or using Sweet potatoes. Also have large smoothies with fruit and lots of leafy greens which I always thought gave you nothing but they are actually powerhouses in the food world :)

Bran respect buddy Eco Vegan sounds the way to go some thing I definetly need to look more into and make an effort with.

Actually, in the old days, things were 'reused' rather than 'recycled'. Specifically, remember the thick glass bottles for milk and for Pepsi. They'd get washed and disinfected and reused rather than 'recycled' in the sense of melted and recreated.