What is your go to comfort food?

Grinning Hippos

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Mine is either pizza, pasta or baked tofu.
I discovered that the secret for tofu is actually overcooking it. Not freezing, pressing, thinking at it for 2 days😁

Reactions: vesper818
I cannot find my two favorites anymore. One is Field Roast's meatloaf and the other is Viana's gyro meat. So, since those aren't available, I guess Beyond Burger is my go to nowadays. And bean burritos.

Reactions: Grinning Hippos
Potatoes just may be the perfect comfort food--they're cheap, even just microwaved they're good.
Tofu--definitely NOT overcooked, not pressed, and never ever frozen! Seasoned well, lightly sauteed
Grilled cheese on Italian bread with bread and butter pickles on the side

Comfort food for me is 100 percent pizza. However, if we're talking comforting snacks., it's salty stuff all the way. I make various kinds of soy curl jerky regularly now to satisfy the craving. I love potato chips, but limit myself. I could also munch on pistachios all day long. I also have to agree that potatoes are a top choice, as they can be made into amazing comfort foods, other than potato chips. I mean come on, who doesn't love French fries?

Comfort food for me is 100 percent pizza. However, if we're talking comforting snacks., it's salty stuff all the way. I make various kinds of soy curl jerky regularly now to satisfy the craving. I love potato chips, but limit myself. I could also munch on pistachios all day long. I also have to agree that potatoes are a top choice, as they can be made into amazing comfort foods, other than potato chips. I mean come on, who doesn't love French fries?

I am so happy I learned how to make pizza now. When I first started out as a vegan, I was a little depressed because of this. Netflix and pizza on the couch are what I call a successful Saturday night 🤩