Favorite spices,herbs & Seasoning?

Whats is up with the citric additions to spicy spice blends? :hmm:
I just poured a free trial bag of Penzeys Outcast, which has cayenne as the main ingredient, followed by CITRIC ACID. It's hot and citrusy!
I can't stand heat with citrus, like that popular chili lime Tajin :down:.

Tajin isn't hot as they use mild chilis instead of those fiery ones. It has more of a tangy flavour and really gives food a bit of
a kick without the heat. I have bought other brands of chili & lime seasonings but they didn't taste very good and Tajin comes out as a winner.

Reactions: bEt
Mother of herbs, it has many common names but it's officially called Coleus amboinicus, I have some growing at my front stairs so I can enjoy the aroma whenever I brush against it. Uses in the kitchen are many, it easily replaces mixed herbs in most dishes. It has medicinal properties too . It's a tough plant and doesn't need a lot of looking after. The flowers are a good bee attractant.

• Informative
Tajin isn't hot as they use mild chilis instead of those fiery ones. It has more of a tangy flavour and really gives food a bit of
a kick without the heat. I have bought other brands of chili & lime seasonings but they didn't taste very good and Tajin comes out as a winner.

I've had it and it's not at all my thing. I'm not a fan of the chilis they use in Mexican cooking, and never with citrus notes
You'd probably like the Trader Joe dried mango with chili! I remember buying a bag with all the veggie people raving about them :confused:

• Friendly
I'm going to play with nooch blends. I come to terms with liking my nooch powdered rather than flaked, so I'll spin it up in the bullet blender. Then I'll try and come up with proportions of ground mustard, garlic powder, and some of the seasonings I have that are tangy--like the Outrage sample I got from Penzeys. That one is really tangy and spicy

I've had it and it's not at all my thing. I'm not a fan of the chilis they use in Mexican cooking, and never with citrus notes
You'd probably like the Trader Joe dried mango with chili! I remember buying a bag with all the veggie people raving about them :confused:

You can't argue with your taste buds! ;)

I actually did buy a packet of mango & chili seasoning at Taj in Brighton. However, I wasn't impressed as you cannot really
detect the taste of mango. I'll just stick to Tajin (none of the other lime & chili seasonings are as good) as it's my favourite
seasoning.

You can't argue with your taste buds! ;)

I actually did buy a packet of mango & chili seasoning at Taj in Brighton. However, I wasn't impressed as you cannot really
detect the taste of mango. I'll just stick to Tajin (none of the other lime & chili seasonings are as good) as it's my favourite
seasoning.
I meant these
shopping

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas