What foods/snacks have you found that are vegan?

Connie

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
To my surprise I have found out that some of my favourite foods are vegan.

Did you know that Lotus Caramelised Biscuits are vegan?
Or that the Lotus Caramelised spreads are both vegan?
Or that plain and chocolate chip hobnobs are vegan? (but not the chocolate covered ones)
Or that Pringles do a couple of vegan varieties including plain/original, paprika and texas bbq flavours (but sadly not the salt and vinegar which contains lactose in the flavourings)
I think some of the Kettle Crisps are also vegan but they are mostly the salt flavours.

The biscuit options don't include the chocolate covered versions sadly, but it is a start.

Jus Rol pastry do a good range of vegan pastry as well.
Their puff pastry, filo pastry, and both sweet and normal shortcrust pastries are all vegan (in both fresh and frozen ranges), but the same is sadly not true for other makes.

This particular link was a godsend for me when I was looking for vegan snacks:

http://www.peta.org/living/food/snacks/

A lot of things surprised me when I was trying to transition to more days a week of vegan eating. So many chips and cookies and relatively easy to grab things are on the list. Not all too healthy - but still!

Pringles is a friendly vegan snack and i do believe. As you have stated, the other ingredients is what we don't know yet. I cook my own vegan snack. One example is banana chips. I cook banana chips because it is easy to prepare and it is easy to cook. I just slice unripe banana and boil it for few seconds then I heat my olive oil and fry the banana. I i feel like I need sugar then I add it for the sweet taste of the chips. Its easy actually or let us say potato chips :) it is easy to prepare - a vegan friendly snack.

I make my own snacks as well. I'm a plant based vegan.. I stay away from processed foods as much as possible. It feels amazing :)