What Do You Buy For Mother's Day ?

I love it when I'm asked if I think something is appropriate or not, haha. Lingerie/underwear is not something I would buy my mom for Mother's Day. If my husband wanted to buy it for me, from him, as the mother of his children, I wouldn't mind (but not buy it as a gift for me from the children).

My mom passed away years ago, so I haven't had the pleasure of buying a MD present for a long time. I get all kinds of cool gifts from my kids, anywhere from clothing, jewelry, CHOCOLATE, to household items and/or gift cards. I usually prefer very practical gifts.

I am not a fan of receiving flowers or plants unless it is something for the outside garden.

Reactions: ledboots
i get my mum a card and then take her out to lunch. I don't see anything wrong in buying your mum a bra if you have that relationship with her. I wouldn't buy one for mine though. I wanted to get my Mum a plant but I bought her one for her birthday in Feb and managed to kill it before I gave it to her haha, so have given up.

Reactions: ledboots and KLS52
I usually get my mom a card and either a flowers or greens that she can plant outside or something from the craft store, as she's really into knitting, sewing, quilting, etc. Sometimes I have taken her to lunch or dinner.

Reactions: ledboots
i get my mum a card and then take her out to lunch. I don't see anything wrong in buying your mum a bra if you have that relationship with her. I wouldn't buy one for mine though. I wanted to get my Mum a plant but I bought her one for her birthday in Feb and managed to kill it before I gave it to her haha, so have given up.

I usually get my mom a card and either a flowers or greens that she can plant outside or something from the craft store, as she's really into knitting, sewing, quilting, etc. Sometimes I have taken her to lunch or dinner.

That's really nice.

Taking them to a posh hotel for afternoon tea would also be a great idea.

That's really nice.

Taking them to a posh hotel for afternoon tea would also be a great idea.
My mom would love that. I will have to check whether there is any afternoon tea in her area. It's not a common thing here, but it should be, lol!

We have no afternoon tea here. :(

There is a nice little tea shop though that is quite fancy. :)

I wonder why ? I absolutely love afternoon tea.

I took my aunt out for a treat and she love it. I took her to a spa hotel in Marlow and we had dainty sandwiches, freshly bakes scones and a huge assortiment of cakes served with a pot of freshly brewed tea.

Do you have hotels in a large town nearby ? They usually cater for afternoon tea.
I'm definitely going to look into this. I bet Boston or New York would have something. Not sure about Providence, R.I., but you never know. :)