Literature What are you currently reading?

I’m reading a diary from a ww2 German soldier ,a truck driver I think .
I might try some overseas German embassy to see if I can get it to any surviving relatives.
1713857594017.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC
Today I finished "Summer with my Sisters" by Holly Chamberline. It is not a crime thriller but a story of family tragedy and relationships. Twenty-five year old Polly must return home to be the guardian of her teenaged sisters after their father suddenly passes away. Their mother had died a few year earlier of cancer. She is ill prepared to parent a 16 year old and a 13 year old. They struggle to deal with all this requires. Then there is Evie, a 16 year old runaway that Daisy (the 16 year old) befriends. Her story is a tragic one as well. This is a well written and emotions stirring story of people dealing with the outcomes of traumas. But there is hope and a bit of romance as well. Really good book and I will look for the author's other ones.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
I just dropped off two books at the free library box and found another one I have heard about. How to kill your family - Bella Mackie.

Yesterday afternoon I read an entire book! I literally couldn't put it down! It is Harlan Coben's "Fool Me Once." How far would you go to protect your family? This book is a thriller about a woman who suffers from PTSD due to her service in the Army in the Middle East. She has a two year old daughter she is raising alone as her husband was murdered in front of her. Her sister was also murdered a few years before. As usual in Coben's books, there are questions inside of questions and twists everywhere. A wild ride with a surprise ending that I totally wasn't expecting!

Reactions: Lou and Emma JC