whale rescue

Emma JC

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I was just watching an amazing video of crews of people working together to rescue 5 beached pilot whales in Florida. They had tents they put over them, they had slings and boats and water continually poring over them and were working to get them out to sea. So awesome and wonderful and I am so thankful they are doing it

The irony is that most of the crews will go home later and have a burger or fish and chips and won't connect the two events. Maybe someday!!

Emma JC
ps it seems the rescue is ongoing and they are transporting them to facilities to help rehabilitate them

Last edited:
Reactions: Lou
The irony is that most of the crews will go home later and have a burger or fish and chips and won't connect the two events. Maybe someday!!

Here in California, people get excited every time a whale or seal or pelican needs to be rescued. And of course, these animal rescue workers deserve a lot of credit. And recreational fishermen, scuba divers, and other nature lovers tend to good environmentalists as well. but like you said, then they go home and have a steak to celebrate. Well, at least they can't go home and have a whale steak.

I've always thought apathy and ignorance were our two biggest enemies. I think cognitive dissonance is in the top three now, too.

I've always thought apathy and ignorance were our two biggest enemies. I think cognitive dissonance is in the top three now, too.

"You can love animals and eat them too!" yeah cognitive dissonance may be the largest barrier here, along with apathy, ignorance and a healthy dose of pettyness. :(