Welcome to autumn!

Well, here in Southern California we have another heat wave on the way this week, with temps reaching into the 90’s even here at the coast, and nearing triple digits inland. I’m not happy about it. But at least there are plenty signs of autumn in other ways, such as the pumpkins in the market, new horror films coming to theaters in the next month, Halloween everything, and a plea for money to fund meals for needy people this coming holiday season that arrived in my mailbox yesterday from Feeding America. Pretty soon I’ll be getting Christmas catalogs in the mail. So I just have to grit my teeth, be patient, and we should have real autumn weather in Southern California pretty soon. Look out kids, the Santa Ana winds are coming! *shudders*

Hey, you bumped my thread! :) The thread I'd totally forgotten about. :p But yes, it's that time of year again. We've got a mix of warm weather and possible rain this week. I tracked the weather forecast for my zip code for the next few weeks, and we should be having lovely autumn weather by Halloween. There are pumpkins piled high at the supermarkets. *sings* It's beginning to look a lot like autumn, everywhere I go...

Reactions: ledboots
Well, here in Southern California we have another heat wave on the way this week, with temps reaching into the 90’s even here at the coast, and nearing triple digits inland. I’m not happy about it. But at least there are plenty signs of autumn in other ways, such as the pumpkins in the market, new horror films coming to theaters in the next month, Halloween everything, and a plea for money to fund meals for needy people this coming holiday season that arrived in my mailbox yesterday from Feeding America. Pretty soon I’ll be getting Christmas catalogs in the mail. So I just have to grit my teeth, be patient, and we should have real autumn weather in Southern California pretty soon. Look out kids, the Santa Ana winds are coming! *shudders*
I see we had the same crappy weather last year too. In the 100's this weekend.

But at least it's cooling off at night. Last night was the first time in a month that I didn't wake up in the middle of the night all hot and sweaty.

Bring on autumn! I miss the fall colors up in the Northwest, but I still enjoy it here in Southern California with the cooler weather and crisp, windy days. Football and hockey seasons begin and life stops for the World Series. School is back in session. My favorite time of year.

Reactions: KLS52 and Amy SF
I'm enjoyed Autumn with it's cool evenings and chilly nights. We had an awful, hot summer which seemed like it was never ending.:(

I couldn't decide where to put this, but it is for @Scorpius and all the other knitters! This centurian knit-bombs her town! :D

This 104-Year-Old Street Artist Keeps Yarn-Bombing Her Town
23623f0325b30ab1a129eb8470891dc0.jpg

So WHO is promising to join @PTree15 , @GingerFoxx , and I at the Bosotn veg fest this year?? Did I hear something from @KLS52 ?? . . . and perhaps a heat-frazzled @Amy SF ??
It's my Albany weekend with grammar school friends. Bummer. And I missed the Boston trip last week. I was prepared to message you to see if you wanted to meet us somewhere...I even map quested your address and the place where I was staying. I think it was only a half hour from each other. Stupid eye problem I had...I had to stay home. I missed going to Salem, too. [emoji31]

It's my Albany weekend with grammar school friends. Bummer. And I missed the Boston trip last week. I was prepared to message you to see if you wanted to meet us somewhere...I even map quested your address and the place where I was staying. I think it was only a half hour from each other. Stupid eye problem I had...I had to stay home. I missed going to Salem, too. [emoji31]
Bummer is right. We will miss you.

Reactions: KLS52
I bought another cauliflower. I have to make more of the vegan buffalo cauliflower chowder that I made two weeks ago.

Reactions: PTree15
I bought another cauliflower. I have to make more of the vegan buffalo cauliflower chowder that I made two weeks ago.
Did you happen to post the recipe and I missed it? I have a cauliflower I bough on markdown. I was going to make an alfredo with it, but I would rather a chowder, I think.