Religion Was one of Jesus's temptations to hate the Devil?

Blobbenstein

Reaction score
The Emperor: Come, boy, see for yourself. From here, you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance and the end of your insignificant rebellion.
[Luke's eyes go to his lightsabre]
The Emperor: You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.
Luke: No.
The Emperor: It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. You, like your father, are now mine.

The Emperor: Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

that's a quote from one of the Star Wars movies....if you didn't recognise it...! :)

Maybe Jesus knew better than that.....but I think it is a danger for some people.

Last edited:
I've been trying to relate this to ordinary people's lives.

Is it like when all our Pakistani users are spammers, and almost all spammers are Pakistani, and I'm therefore tempted to discriminate against all Pakistanis by blocking access to the site from Pakistan?

Well, I'm reminded of the other Bible story about Lot and his family in Sodom and that other city Gomorrah, and how God would not destroy the cities if there was at least one decent human being living there. Which it was not ....

it's like the Buddha quote:

“Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.”

holding onto anger, giving in to hate...?
I think Jesus would have realised that giving in to hating the devil would just be falling into his power.

That is a good question since I was a former Christian myself I am trying to figure out this question. I will come back if i get an answer.