Vitamin d

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Nothing against our beloved WFPB guru, doctor Greger, but after watching this, I'll admit, it has me thinking. He seems to be bashing Dr. Greger pretty hard in this. What are your thoughts?

I have been taking vitamin D during the winter months only, but if there's no solid science on it, I just might stop.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
My doctor recommended 5000 iu a day. But that was because there is a history of colitis in my family and I... can't remember the medical term, but i'm vulnerable. And he is convinced Vitamin D is good insurance.

Oh! Also, i can look it up later if anyone is interested, but according to a recent study, almost all Americans are vitamin D deficient. Besides not spending enough time outdoors, so many people are concerned about skin cancer - when they do go outside they wear hats and sun block.

Vitamin D is the sunshine vitamin, as your body can manufacture it after being exposed to the sun. You can even get it from certain food types like dairy food, tuna, salmon and orange juice. So, taking this supplement is right for your health and can help you shake off some of your extra weight; but this does not mean that these supplements are magic pills that should be prescribed for anyone who wishes to lose weight.

I took a blood test a few weeks ago to check my vitamin levels and while I wasn't vitamin D deficient my levels were low according to my doctor, I do work in an enclosed office with barely any sunlight so I do supplement every other day and choose foods that are fortified with vitamin D. Better safe than sorry?

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC
I am a big fan of Dr Greger and Dr McDougall and Jeff Nelson is okay, I don't go out of my way to watch him.

I believe in research very much and I also believe that not everyone is right about everything all the time. I don't like seeing someone "go after" one of my heroes and yet the information he presents has merit. I do take some vit D some of the time, more in winter (once a week or so) so I am not attached to the correctness of the information. I have never had a blood test so have no idea what my levels are.

Emma JC

Reactions: Veganite