Veganville

rogerjolly

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Veganville is a BBC1 three part series of programmes set up to show vegans attempting to convert residents of Merthyr Tydfil to veganism. In Wales sheep outnumber people by three to one.

It was trailed as four vegans, with very different personalities, setting up house together for three weeks to go about their task. I feared the worst type of reality TV intent on positioning the four at daggers drawn with each other and the community.

I recorded the first of the series (because it coincided with my rather early bedtime) and I have so far watched just the first twenty minutes of it. The four characters were certainly varied ranging from full time activist to advocating the softly-softly approach. A bit like the members of this forum actually. ;)

I was impressed with the small segment I have seen and am looking forward to the rest of it with much greater hopes than I had before.

But what really impresses me is that such a series would be broadcast by a major network at not far off prime time. It illustrates that veganism is really taking off in a big way and that the future holds great things for our movement. Whichever way the story pans out it should do good things for us.

It is broadcast on Tuesdays at 10.35 pm and the entire series is now freely available on iplayer.

Roger.

Hey! What happened with those British Reality TV animal shows? One was called Meat The Family. I can't remember what the second one was called.

I had read about them a while ago and posted some stuff about them - before they aired.
Have they aired? Were they any good? Has anyone seen them?

I wonder if we can watch it in America.

I wonder if I can find Meat The Family, too.

I wonder if we can watch it in America.

I wonder if I can find Meat The Family, too.

nope, I went and clicked on it on the BBC and it says UK Only
😢

maybe someone will put it up on YouTube

Emma JC

That is a long trailer.

Oh, hey. I think Meat The Family starts this week. I probably can't watch that one either.

Reactions: Emma JC