Veganize mark zuckerberg?

nobody

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure about other countries but in the U.S. there are a lot of anti-smoking public service announcements on TV and anti-smoking ads in print media and on billboards and it seems they work and motivate people to quit smoking.

If there were a similar campaign for going vegan, more people probably would. Imagine if someone were implored in 4 different :30 commercials during their hour long program to go vegan, it would at least be on their mind. The only problem is animal product makers would probably pull their ads because of the vegan spots but if enough money was offered to the media outlet this wouldn't matter.

So if a really rich person like Mark Zuckerberg went vegan and became passionate about animal rights, he would probably launch an advertising campaign. Because of his potential influence on others, him going vegan could be more important that if thousands of non-rich people did.

So are there any ideas about how to get him (specifically) to go vegan? I remember a quote where he announced he would no longer be eating any animals he didn't kill himself, so he is sensitive to the horrors of factory farming at least.

I don't know why you picked Mark Zuckerberg. He is rich. But I read he lost 15 Billion dollars this year.

Judging by the way he had handled Facebook in the post-election fiasco - I think he is a not a good person. and that he kills animals himself only reinforces my opinion of him.

Also, your idea that American run PSAs help stop smoking might be a bit naive.
Here are some scary facts
  • Each day in the United States, more than 3,200 youth aged 18 years or younger smoke their first cigarette, and an additional 2,100 youth and young adults become daily cigarette smokers.
  • Nearly 21 of every 100 high school students (20.8%) reported in 2018 that they used electronic cigarettes in the past 30 days—an increase from 1.5% in 2011.

ok, i will give you this. Smoking is down by a few percents. But the number of kids smoking is just awful. And it's not like any of these kids Don't Know Better.

Also, there are all kinds of campaigns for animal rights. The initial thing that made me start going vegan was something PETA was doing. And PETA has all kinds of ad campaigns. You've seen their print ads in Magazines and their TV commercials during the SuperBowl. Plus PETA makes use of the many Real vegan Celebrities in ads and statements such as Alicia Silverstone, Eva Mends, Charlize Theron, and Ellen DeGeneres.

There are also some very famous "almost vegans". many of these almost vegans are huge contributors to animal rights. People like Leonard Caprico, Paul McCartney, Jon Stewart, Serena Williams, and Beyonce.

There is a saying that is one of my favorites. it's totally relevant here.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

Forget about Mark Zuckerberg. You, Mr Nobody, are a member of a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens. And we are going to change the world.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
No it's law and policy that works. That's why I want meat tax, to start, because what got numbers of smokers to go down in California compared to some other states is making public smoking legally unacceptable in businesses etc. Making smokers feel socially rejected by this process also makes it look less appealing.

Cory Booker is too centrist but I would like to have a vegan president who wouldn't be afraid to make laws and he'd probably frame it climate change which is fine because it's effective.

OH. I wasn't a big fan of Cory Booker. In some televised Senate stuff I thought he was showboating and just trying to look good for the cameras.
Then I saw him in an interview and really liked what he had to say. He is probably going to run for president and I think he could be a good one.