Veganism, oxalates and kidney stones

Hrodrik

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Does anyone else have kidney stone or kidney disease?
I had a crisis two months after became vegan.
Three stones. One is out, two more to go (as far as I know from de exam).
Got the stone tested and it was calcium oxalate.

My doctor only told me to stay away from red meat, drink a lot of water, e if possible with some lemon.

Only recently I realized that my diet was a little too much in oxalates.
Sweet potato, peanut butter, almonds, lot of beans, seeds...

But when I got the stones, I was still so fresh vegan.
Maybe it came from my past calcium deficient diet, and lots of meat and dairy.

I really don't know if I am in danger been vegan.
I can cut peanut butter, cutted almonds already, but beans and peas are my main protein source.

I am about to go to a new doctor soon, but I know they usually don't aprove veganism.
This week I had some pain, and it all is freaking me out.

I am trying to understand how to be in a low oxalate diet, but I think it's almost impossible.

Your stones do not form in two months of being vegan, they can be broken up and passed if not too big. Try to introduce pure cranberry juice (not Oceanspray) into your daily liquid consumption, lemon and vinegars are also good. They will help remove any accumulations in the urinary tract.

Reactions: Hrodrik
Your stones do not form in two months of being vegan, they can be broken up and passed if not too big. Try to introduce pure cranberry juice (not Oceanspray) into your daily liquid consumption, lemon and vinegars are also good. They will help remove any accumulations in the urinary tract.
Thank you!

That's what I think too.
I am just afraid to be contributing for new formations, with the foods high or moderate in oxalates, that I didn't know at all.

They say doing a kidney flush is very helpful.
Mix 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil and microwave the mixture for 10 seconds.
Drink juice before going to bed. Do this for 5 days and it'll flush your kidneys along with some stones.
I'm doing it now and on day 3.

They say doing a kidney flush is very helpful.
Mix 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil and microwave the mixture for 10 seconds.
Drink juice before going to bed. Do this for 5 days and it'll flush your kidneys along with some stones.
I'm doing it now and on day 3.
And? is it doing anything except making your mouth pucker?
Just drink a glass of water with 1 or 2 ozs of pure cranberry juice every day and it will maintain your urinary tract...l do not believe in anything that "Flushes" except for the obvious. It is just a catch phrase nowadays. And for the life of me l can not figure why that concoction requires 2 tbsp of olive oil...that would not even make it to the kidneys!