Vegan Yorkshire Puddings

Lord Snot

Parsley Provider
Reaction score
I tried these early in my transition and failed miserably, though to be fair I failed a few times with non-vegan ones too!

There are a few recipes online which look good but I'm looking for any personal recommendations. Have you tried a recipe that really worked?

Reactions: SummerRain
My friend Nicci who makes the fudge recommends this recipe

2 oz self raising flour
pinch of salt
300ml soya milk
1 oz orgran egg replacer whisked up with 8tbsp water
1/2 tsp baking powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to gas mark 7
In a yorkshire pudding tray, add some oil and heat in oven so that you can add the batter to hot oil (about 10mins)
Whisk the flour, salt, baking soda, soya milk and egg replacement mix until you have a batter.
Put a generous heaped tbsp of the batter in each section of your yorkshire pudding tray
They will take about 10 mins to bake

Reactions: SummerRain
Hi all,
I'm looking for a fairly simple recipe for vegan Yorkshire puddings. I've seen a few that don't have an egg replacer. I was wondering if anyone's had any success with any? Xxx

This recipe comes from The Complete Book of Vegan Cooking by Tony and Yvonne Bishop-Weston. The recipe is for popover, or toad in the hole (whatever you like to call it!) but I've used it to do individual yorkshires as well. It tends to rise fairly well, more so in a fan assisted oven than a regular one.

115g /4oz/1 cup self-raising flour
150ml / 1/4 pint / 2/3 cup rapeseed (canola) oil
300ml / 1/2 pint / 1 1/4 cups soya milk
15ml /1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
sea salt and ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 220C / 425F /Gas 7. Make the batter: sift the flour into large mixing bowl and season with salt and black pepper. Make a well in the middle then add the rapeseed oil and balsamic vinegar. Mix ingredients well. Gradually stir in the soya milk, mixing until fully incorporated then beat until the batter is smooth. Bake in the oven for about 40-45 minutes or until the batter is well risen and golden brown.

I've once or twice overdone the balsamic a little bit and it tasted vinegary, so be careful with it! :)

Reactions: Second Summer