Vegan snack ideas needed

VChy

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I recently became vegan and I would need some nice healthy snack ideas. I really like sweets so it would be nice to find something that is vegan and healthy (or comes near to healthy). Can you suggest some for me?

You can make your own no bake granola bars. You can make them with chocolate chips and shredded coconut. There are a lot of recipes online and they are really easy to make. I like the enjoy life chocolate chips. They are also made usually with peanut butter but you can substitute other nut butters.

I make my own trail mix with almonds, cranberries, and raisins that's super yummy! Frozen bananas are a staple. Lara bars are AMAZINGLY delicious! Prunes, dried figs, any fruit at all really. There's a million recipes online for fudge, granola, and cakes that are great. Raw vegan carrot cake is delicious and still pretty healthy!

one of my favourites is cooking pumpkin seeds, ( pepitas ) sweet or savoury.
Pre heat oven to 165 degrees C ( 325 F )
Spread seeds in a single layer on a baking tray
Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt
Bake until golden, stir occasionally.
Or drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon.
Watch very carefully because the sugar burns very quickly.

Pumpkin seeds can be a good alternative for those with nut allergies.

wow, delicious ideas above!

If I can add to the story with some portable snack I like Miso ramen noodle soup, apple chips, rice crackers and vegan fruit gummies (Fruitickles).

Thank you for the nice ideas. This weekend I'm definitely going to make some granola bars :) Yummy

Clvegan thank you, I really needed some snack ideas that I can take with me. Miso ramen noodle soup I tried already, it's nice but I think I couldn't manage it on the go :)

Though this Fruitickles sounds interesting. What is it exactly?

I try to avoid sugar and snacks generally, as my BMI is 24.5 so only just on the healthy side of the divide. Of course I do give in to temptation sometimes and then I eat some fruit or some bread with a vegan spread on it. There is such a big variety in bread these days and I like it all! I don't mind foregoing the spread.

VChy Fruitickles is like a fruit gummy made with 100% fruit. It doesn't contain though any artificial colors, no added sugar etc. Moreover it's totally vegan. It is also not made with dates, so it's not too sweet but enough indulging :)

Thank You Clvegan. Where can I find it?

VChy Fruitickles is like a fruit gummy made with 100% fruit. It doesn't contain though any artificial colors, no added sugar etc. Moreover it's totally vegan. It is also not made with dates, so it's not too sweet but enough indulging :)

Fruit
Nuts
Seeds
Dried Fruit
Vegan Cookies
Vegan Ice Cream
A Bagel, etc, etc...

Granola, dried chickpeas, fruit, raisins, veggies and hummus, rice cakes, cereal bars, smoothies and that's all I got

Hummus and pretzels. They have mini hummus packs for portability, at least in the US.